Upgrade Question

bracy

After a solid 45 unsuccessful minutes on the MSC website and the ensuing eye twitch, I decided to see if I could find out the answer here. We booked 2 inside Bella cabins on the Seaside, for 2 adults and 1 adult & 2 kids. The 3 person cabin was upgraded to a balcony. Woohoo! Does the upgrade to a balcony also upgrade the experience for those 3 people to Fantastica?

If they are upgraded, what does that include?

Here's the stickier part: we would like to change the 3 person balcony cabin to the other 2 adults and 1 child but can't do that now unless we want to shell out more money, which we do not. Should we try to change that once we get onboard, and if we did, would the Fantastica experience be transferable also? Hope my explanation isn't too confusing. TIA

Just found this on another website. Guess I have my answer.

*Please note: In the event of a complimentary upgrade to this category, the guest will benefit from the stateroom upgrade only, excluding the content of the Experience. Upgrades are "stateroom only", and the Experience services will remain the same as category and Experience originally booked.

Correct - only the physical room is upgraded, the experience level is not. However, better than a poke in the eye.

I can't help you with the transfer cabin question I'm afraid, but I guess it's nullified now as the experience levels will be the same if you do switch.

After a solid 45 unsuccessful minutes on the MSC website and the ensuing eye twitch, I decided to see if I could find out the answer here. We booked 2 inside Bella cabins on the Seaside, for 2 adults and 1 adult & 2 kids. The 3 person cabin was upgraded to a balcony. Woohoo! Does the upgrade to a balcony also upgrade the experience for those 3 people to Fantastica?

If they are upgraded, what does that include?

Here's the stickier part: we would like to change the 3 person balcony cabin to the other 2 adults and 1 child but can't do that now unless we want to shell out more money, which we do not. Should we try to change that once we get onboard, and if we did, would the Fantastica experience be transferable also? Hope my explanation isn't too confusing. TIA

Congrats!! And how did you score that upgrade? Were you upgraded to a bella balcony? As you found out, only upgraded in cabin location not the experience.

I am confused by your last question. I thought it was the cabin that have the 2 adults and 1 child that was upgraded? You have two cabins: (1) with 2 adults and (2) with 1 adults and 2 kids?

Correct - only the physical room is upgraded, the experience level is not. However, better than a poke in the eye.

I can't help you with the transfer cabin question I'm afraid, but I guess it's nullified now as the experience levels will be the same if you do switch.

Haha, yes better than a poke in the eye or a kick in the pants as my grandfather used to say. I'm still thrilled to have gotten such a wonderful upgrade. We are still going to rearrange room assignments but probably just switch room keys and avoid guest services.

Congrats!! And how did you score that upgrade? Were you upgraded to a bella balcony? As you found out, only upgraded in cabin location not the experience.

I am confused by your last question. I thought it was the cabin that have the 2 adults and 1 child that was upgraded? You have two cabins: (1) with 2 adults and (2) with 1 adults and 2 kids?

Not sure how we scored the upgrade. Last March we took our first MSC cruise in an Aurea suite, after 12 cruises on other lines (1 to 2 per year). While onboard, we booked the Seaside cruise. I have 2 guesses about the upgrade. Either they upgraded us to make us very satisfied customers who will continue to choose MSC, or they needed more open 3 berth inside rooms. Either way, we are happy.

The cabin that was upgraded had 1 adult (my MIL) and our 2 kids in it. Since my DH and I are paying for the trip, we will be the ones using the upgraded room, along with our youngest kid. MIL and other son will still be enjoying the inside cabin.

I forgot to mention that we were upgraded to a Fantastica Balcony.

Not sure how we scored the upgrade. Last March we took our first MSC cruise in an Aurea suite, after 12 cruises on other lines (1 to 2 per year). While onboard, we booked the Seaside cruise. I have 2 guesses about the upgrade. Either they upgraded us to make us very satisfied customers who will continue to choose MSC, or they needed more open 3 berth inside rooms. Either way, we are happy..

That makes sense. My cruise is next week - so I probably should not hold my breath for an upgrade? We are 2 adults and 1 child. It makes sense what you wrote though.

We cruised this past June on Meravigilia (our first MSC cruise after I dumped our to go choice after 100+ cruise nights with them). My cousin's family was upgraded from Oceanview Fantastica to Balcony Bella. It was a challenge because the cabins steward and Room Service know it as a bella cabin and were charging them for room service, which is free with Fantastica. But since you going with the same experience, no problem...just fresh air and better cabin location. Plus more drawer space! We were on Balcony Fantastica on Meravigilia and loved it.

The cabin that was upgraded had 1 adult (my MIL) and our 2 kids in it. Since my DH and I are paying for the trip, we will be the ones using the upgraded room, along with our youngest kid. MIL and other son will still be enjoying the inside cabin.

Wnen is your cruise? Why did they say it would cost you more to move people around on the same booking reference? I did that with our cruise and we have 6 cabins. Anyway, you can swap it once onboard. Or get "extra' keys for each cabin. The keys gives you access but cannot charge to it. That's what we did on Meravigilia. I got my mom a key for our cabin as she was helping us out with DD.

Wnen is your cruise? Why did they say it would cost you more to move people around on the same booking reference? I did that with our cruise and we have 6 cabins. Anyway, you can swap it once onboard. Or get "extra' keys for each cabin. The keys gives you access but cannot charge to it. That's what we did on Meravigilia. I got my mom a key for our cabin as she was helping us out with DD.

Our cruise is 3/17. I don't know why it should cost us to move room assignments around. It could just be that our TA isn't very familiar with MSC. She's given me some other information that I don't think is correct either. Love the idea of extra keys. We will do that. Enjoy your cruise!