Seaside spa prices

RichmondJustin

I am not finding This offer anywhere on the website. Do you have to call? If we can get the massage along with the pass we will probably do it.

Glad you were able to book it! I will call tomorrow and see what I can do. I can't book anything online either... Had to call to book an excursion. I agree it's definitely a great deal.

I don't intend on making this crude - and wish I didn't have to make it as a public post; however, unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the question online, and three different customer service agents from MSC have not been able to obtain an answer. I booked a "Wax total body" prior to booking (awesome deal $35). Now, I cannot for the life of me find what this entails? I'd just like to know what I'm getting into before so I know not to pay for these things beforehand (or am left without it while on board). For example would a "Wax Total Body" include eyebrows? I doubt it - but who knows? It's part of the body right ;)

Glad you were able to book it! I will call tomorrow and see what I can do. I can't book anything online either... Had to call to book an excursion. I agree it's definitely a great deal.

Thanks so much Dinette for your guidance. Took a 1/2 hour on the phone but one of the reps got us booked! Really excited for such a great deal :D

Questions about the thermal area:

- If we pay for access to the thermal area for the duration of the cruise, then do we just walk in whenever? Make reservations? Wait to use the area of choice? And if waiting, what length wait should we expect?

- For anyone that has used these areas, did you feel it was worth it to have access the entire week?

I have a thermal pass this week. Actually I got the “relaxing wave” facial and massage for $129 that included spa pass and it is an astounding deal. The massage/facial was awesome.

The thermal pass is pretty cool. It is not worth the $190 or whatever they charge on board. I wouldn’t pay $90 either, but perhaps others would. You are given a paper card pass and you present it at the reception. They give you a slap bracelet that has the order of treatments you are supposed to use for optimal use. I was incredulous I had to hang on to this flimsy paper all week but they said yes. They use it to count how many are in the thermal area. I haven’t been denied yet. You get the card back when you leave. No reservation needed. Some of the rooms are so fancy I can’t figure them out! But most are self explanatory (dark sensory steam room is my fave). Cold rain shower, snow room, salt room, and some sort of weird bidet room that I haven’t figured out! The jacuzzi is nice, was only crowded the first sea day (maybe 8 ppl in it) Salt room is popular. I waited 15 minutes in another area until a lounger opened up. There are maybe 8 loungers in it. Warm stone loungers (3-4?) aren’t really that warm. There is access to a “private” outdoor area with loungers and jacuzzi, but the area isn’t really private (anyone can access outside)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
I don't intend on making this crude - and wish I didn't have to make it as a public post; however, unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the question online, and three different customer service agents from MSC have not been able to obtain an answer. I booked a "Wax total body" prior to booking (awesome deal $35). Now, I cannot for the life of me find what this entails? I'd just like to know what I'm getting into before so I know not to pay for these things beforehand (or am left without it while on board). For example would a "Wax Total Body" include eyebrows? I doubt it - but who knows? It's part of the body right ;)

I really want to know the answer to this too!!!

To

Katie330

I considered booking the full box wax as well, for the same reason - what a great deal! I contacted the gal who does my waxing to let her know I planned on getting it done on the cruise ship and ask her what a "full body" wax usually entails. She told me she doesn't even offer a full body wax; people pay by body part. So she wasn't sure. However, she strongly cautioned me against getting the waxing done on the ship. Here were her reasons:

1. there's a waiting period after waxing before getting into chlorinated or salt water and that might interfere with my plans on board (Definitely in my case!!)

2. there's no way to know what kind of wax they'll use and if I have a reaction to it I'll be dealing with red, possibly inflamed skin for a day or two

3. waxing in those nether regions can leave one a bit tender for several hours, which might mean missing out on fun stuff

4. most cruise lines don't let you actually schedule the wax until you board the ship and I might have to wait a day or more to get the wax done. In the meantime, I'd be all hairy.

It seemed like sound advice to me. If you get it done onboard, make sure you come back and let us know how it was?

As well, I had recognized this as a bargain but of no use to me. However, I did some digging with limited success and did mention this to DW, she was interested but not for "total", just arms/legs. As well as this one we were going to book a Bali massage (55 minutes/$95) and the Mani/Pedi ($69). Booking online for these is less than the on-board price. On-board pricing attracts a 15% service fee as well. We sail March 3 on the Seaside and will relay the value of $35.

1. The text below is from the link and the Total body wax price quoted was £24 ($35US), the poster was on the MSC Meraviglia earlier this year.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54997750

"Definitely no mistake with the total body wax being that price!! I wanted to book this for our cruise, but figured we could book it on the ship for near the same price. HA!!! The package wasn't even available on board!! You had to piece it all together, for well over that price! Book it, and book it now! And good for booking the thermal spa week pass and massage! We also should have booked the massage-spa package before our cruise just for the massage added to it. That is definitely a tidbit of advice we would offer anyone, book all spa items online prior to the cruise! Best of luck!! "

2. In the attached PDF file (from MSC), you get some sense of price difference by booking the Spa services before the cruise even though the pricing is in Euros in the European market.

Aurea Spa MSC _ceník (1).pdf

• 3 months later...

On Jan. 14, 2018 ashley@cruisecritic posted links to the spa menu. Unfortunately, when I click on each of them it says "URL signature expired". Can someone on Seaside please post the spa and salon price list? I'm specifically interested in the manicure price, a shampoo and set/style price and a 50-minute "basic" massage price. Thanks so much!

Hi, can anybody help me - I need informations about Thermal Spa at Seaside - I will go with my niece - she is more than 17 years, but was born at 2001 ...is possible for her use Thermal Spa? I can´t yer add cruise Spa pass (for whole cruise) ....any recomenndation how can solve this problem ? Thank you very very much!

Why have the prices increased so much from the above attached file. the cost on the web site for the all exclusive is $675.vs E 475. The GOLDEN JASMINE - FOR COUPLES is $907 .vs E 550 I no the exchange rate is not that bad.

Why have the prices increased so much from the above attached file. the cost on the web site for the all exclusive is $675.vs E 475. The GOLDEN JASMINE - FOR COUPLES is $907 .vs E 550 I no the exchange rate is not that bad.

I guess the prices are different on each ship , destination and country.

The spa prices on MSC Seaview sailing Western Med are:

All Exclusive $338

All Exclusive for Couples $659

Golden Jasmine $443

Golden Jasmine for Couples $870

I guess the prices are different on each ship , destination and country.

The spa prices on MSC Seaview sailing Western Med are:

All Exclusive $338

All Exclusive for Couples $659

Golden Jasmine $443

Golden Jasmine for Couples $870

I’ve been rather confused by the individual vs. couple pricing as any of the couple packages note the price as “per person” but show 2 of each of the various treatments. Using the “All Exclusive” as my example: $338 for 1 person receiving 1 of each of the treatments makes sense but $659 per person for each to receive only 1 each of the treatments is way more expensive than if the couple just purchased an individual package for each person. However, if each member of the couple is each getting 2 of each of the treatments, then the couples package is a better deal.

I hope someone can clarify what each person gets (number of each treatment:1 or 2) when a couples package at either $659pp or $870pp is purchased.

Thanks!

I’ve been rather confused by the individual vs. couple pricing as any of the couple packages note the price as “per person” but show 2 of each of the various treatments. Using the “All Exclusive” as my example: $338 for 1 person receiving 1 of each of the treatments makes sense but $659 per person for each to receive only 1 each of the treatments is way more expensive than if the couple just purchased an individual package for each person. However, if each member of the couple is each getting 2 of each of the treatments, then the couples package is a better deal.

I hope someone can clarify what each person gets (number of each treatment:1 or 2) when a couples package at either $659pp or $870pp is purchased.

Thanks!

MSC has updated their spa details and pricing, as I was trying to book one last week for the Seaside, I have been watching it, and they now make no sense. Couples packages are now PP, even though you can book the exact same package individually for way less. The 2 I was looking at, one included a massage and facial and the other only the same exact massage yet that one was over $30 more at $312 pp vs. $279/pp. The $279 pp one is also offered individually at $147 - so it makes absolutely NO SENSE why anyone would pay the above couples prices for just a 30 min. basic massage is beyond me. I was wanting to book mainly for the weekly spa pass, but now the details are sketchy on that. I called MSC and they are showing some of the pricing even higher than is what I'm seeing, and yes you have to book it Per Person - those packages were going to be $624 and $558 (couples Wave and couples Touch). The rep agreed with me that it doesn't make sense, and she and her supervisor were both trying to figure it out. They at first told me the thermal pass with the massages I was looking at was for the week, and then after reviewing it said no, only for the day you receive your treatment, as the wording has changed. Why anyone would pay those prices when you can just buy a $49 30 min. massage (online) and a one time daily pass for I believe around $30 -is beyond me. The rep told me that MSC being an Italian company, the wording often gets lost in translation, and they did a big website update last weekend which has led to some changes that are confusing, and she agreed does not make sense.

I guess the price for couple packages are per COUPLE and not per person

although it says "per person" if you book.

The same applies to the internet packages. The Premium Internet package

is for "heavy users or families" and can be shared on up to 4 devices within

the family. The price says "per adult $xx" . I called MSC and they confirmed

that I don't have to book packages for each person in the stateroom,

just 1 package for me and my wife to share.

Why would somebody book 2 couple packages just to get 2 massages,

2 day passes, etc for each person ?

Maybe MSC customer service needs some more training on their products

and services... ;)

I guess the price for couple packages are per COUPLE and not per person

although it says "per person" if you book.

The same applies to the internet packages. The Premium Internet package

is for "heavy users or families" and can be shared on up to 4 devices within

the family. The price says "per adult $xx" . I called MSC and they confirmed

that I don't have to book packages for each person in the stateroom,

just 1 package for me and my wife to share.

Why would somebody book 2 couple packages just to get 2 massages,

2 day passes, etc for each person ?

Maybe MSC customer service needs some more training on their products

and services... ;)

And that is what I figured to be, but when I called they said I had to book per person because that is what it says. I said it made absolutely no sense, and they agreed with me, but that is what they have to go by. Nobody in their right mind would pay those prices per person.

• 3 weeks later...

It really does matter which customer service rep takes your call.

This afternoon I called about adding a massage package to our upcoming cruise on Seaside and the man that answered was not helpful at all. He first told me I could not book massages via telephone, that we'd have to wait until we were onboard the ship. I explained that I was looking at the website and was going to book there, but the pricing had me confused -- the individual price vs. the nearly double "per adult" price for couple's packages. He couldn't really explain it and didn't seem interested in helping. I called back a little later, and a really cheerful woman answered. When I explained the pricing issue I encountered on the website, she looked at the packages on her end and provided the correct couple's pricing -- it was basically the individual package price times 2. So now we have a couple's massage and access to the Thermal Area for the duration of the cruise. :)

MSC has updated their spa details and pricing, as I was trying to book one last week for the Seaside, I have been watching it, and they now make no sense. Couples packages are now PP, even though you can book the exact same package individually for way less. The 2 I was looking at, one included a massage and facial and the other only the same exact massage yet that one was over $30 more at $312 pp vs. $279/pp. The $279 pp one is also offered individually at $147 - so it makes absolutely NO SENSE why anyone would pay the above couples prices for just a 30 min. basic massage is beyond me. I was wanting to book mainly for the weekly spa pass, but now the details are sketchy on that. I called MSC and they are showing some of the pricing even higher than is what I'm seeing, and yes you have to book it Per Person - those packages were going to be $624 and $558 (couples Wave and couples Touch). The rep agreed with me that it doesn't make sense, and she and her supervisor were both trying to figure it out. They at first told me the thermal pass with the massages I was looking at was for the week, and then after reviewing it said no, only for the day you receive your treatment, as the wording has changed. Why anyone would pay those prices when you can just buy a $49 30 min. massage (online) and a one time daily pass for I believe around $30 -is beyond me. The rep told me that MSC being an Italian company, the wording often gets lost in translation, and they did a big website update last weekend which has led to some changes that are confusing, and she agreed does not make sense.

Where did you find the pricing on their website?

Aurea Experience includes a package of perks...

- Cabin in preferable location

- My Choice Dining

- Access to Aurea Thermal Spa

- 2 Massages per stateroom

- Diffuser

I compared Bella, Fantastica, Wellness & Aurea and

thought that Aurea is the best value (cabin location &

Aurea access), before I upgraded to Yacht Club ;)

Aurea Experience includes a package of perks...

- Cabin in a preferable location

- My Choice Dining

- Access to Aurea Thermal Spa

- 2 Massages per stateroom

- Diffuser

I compared Bella, Fantastica, Wellness & Aurea and

thought that Aurea is the best value (cabin location &

Aurea access), before I upgraded to Yacht Club ;)

Plus private sundeck access.