JS vs D2 Category

cdbaby

I'm afraid to ask this but does anyone know how much smaller the bathroom and closet is in the D2 vs the JS on Mariner? We had a JS for our 20th anniversay this past Sept, booked again for next Sept but can't quite spend the extra $1000 this time. The closet in the JS was huge so even if the D2 is half the size it probably will be okay. Not sure if I'm going to shoot myself when I walk into a smaller room. :confused: Hoping it's similar to the JS just a lot more narrow. The tub was a plus but I can live without that. Thanks

Well, we just got back from Mariner and we had a D1 on deck 10. We had a JS on Adventure OTS in 2003 (deck 10) and my BIL had a JS on Mariner (deck 10) this last week. I will admit the JS was nice, but mainly because of the extra room in the cabin. We felt a little sqished in the D1 but that was mainly because we have a baby and the crib was set up in the room taking up some space. Even in the D1 there is plenty of storage space and the closet was fine. I didn't really miss the walk in closet too much. We also didn't miss the tub as the shower was a nice size. With 2 adults and a baby and four suitcases, stroller, crib, diaper bag, etc. we still had room to move around the room. We are not sure if the JS is worth the extra $1000. If I could afford it with no problem then I would do it but if money is more of an issue for the next trip I wouldn't hesistate to do the D1 again. Hope that helps!

Sara

We had a D1 on the Legend, and with myself, DH and our 7-yr. old son, we were fine. There was plenty of room, and there was even some cabinet space that went unused for the week. We have booked a JS for the Enchantment, but we did that mostly for location...aft balcony. :D

The closet won't be a walk in closet with the D1 but, there's still plenty of room. We had an E1 cabin on Brilliance for a 12 night cruise and had plenty enough closet space to hang everything and plenty of storage space throughout the cabin for everything else. We had managed to pack enough clothes for the entire 12 nights so you know we had quite a bit of stuff in there.

The bathroom isn't that much smaller with the exception of missing the bathtub. Otherwise I haven't ever noticed that much difference in bathrooms between a D1 and a JS.

While we prefer a JS cabin, I wouldn't be spending an extra $1,000 (or even $500 for that matter) just to be in one.

The closet won't be a walk in closet with the D1 but, there's still plenty of room. We had an E1 cabin on Brilliance for a 12 night cruise and had plenty enough closet space to hang everything and plenty of storage space throughout the cabin for everything else. We had managed to pack enough clothes for the entire 12 nights so you know we had quite a bit of stuff in there.

The bathroom isn't that much smaller with the exception of missing the bathtub. Otherwise I haven't ever noticed that much difference in bathrooms between a D1 and a JS.

While we prefer a JS cabin, I wouldn't be spending an extra $1,000 (or even $500 for that matter) just to be in one.

Thanks for the info. I feel better about my decision. I don't know why on Mariner the price difference is so steep. I noticed on some ships it's only a couple hundred dollars for a JS. The room is really important to me on vacation so I didn't want to be miserable. But I'd like to have my $1000 too!

Thanks again.

Archived