Can I board without eDocs?

voyager89

Hello,

I don´t know whats worse. MSC customer service or the online travel ageny I booked my cruise with. I used them as they had really great rates, (I have used them in the past with no issues, just not with cruises though)

Long story short, I´m sailing on the 27 and still don´t have my eDocs. It´s all a back and forth with MSC and Despegar (the agency). I was supposed to get them 14 working days prior to the sail date. Then they said its 14 regular days. Well I´m 12 regular days away and still nothing. The Request your tickets button on the MSC website never worked, I´d click on it but nothing would happend. Now the button is not even there anymore. I´m leaving tomorrow as I´m going to San Juan and Miami pre-cruise and I wanted to have everything ready. I called Despegar last wednesday and they said I should get them Saturday or Sunday tops. Nothing. Now I was just told it should take 48-72 hours now for me to receive them.

I´m starting to think I won´t get them. My booking seems fine on MSC. But I´m kinda freaking out. I completed the online check in for both of us, could that be enough in case I dont get them?

Thanks,

I am on your cruise and received our cruise ticket last week. I called them directly as I booked with them and requested they email them to me while I was on the phone with them. Your travel agent should have them to you today. MSC emails to travel agent and they send to you.

Hello,

I don´t know whats worse. MSC customer service or the online travel ageny I booked my cruise with. I used them as they had really great rates, (I have used them in the past with no issues, just not with cruises though)

Long story short, I´m sailing on the 27 and still don´t have my eDocs. It´s all a back and forth with MSC and Despegar (the agency). I was supposed to get them 14 working days prior to the sail date. Then they said its 14 regular days. Well I´m 12 regular days away and still nothing. The Request your tickets button on the MSC website never worked, I´d click on it but nothing would happend. Now the button is not even there anymore. I´m leaving tomorrow as I´m going to San Juan and Miami pre-cruise and I wanted to have everything ready. I called Despegar last wednesday and they said I should get them Saturday or Sunday tops. Nothing. Now I was just told it should take 48-72 hours now for me to receive them.

I´m starting to think I won´t get them. My booking seems fine on MSC. But I´m kinda freaking out. I completed the online check in for both of us, could that be enough in case I dont get them?

Thanks,

We have never had a problem but blame your TA.

Oddly enough- I'm sailing on March 3rd (still 47 days away) and MSC just emailed me my E-Tickets yesterday. They actually issued them twice (the 2nd time said they were re-issued for a pax change) Seemed very strange to me as 1) - I'm more than 20 days out from sailing, 2) - I never requested them yet, 3) - I booked through a TA and 4) - most of the info (address, birthdate, gender, phone # and email) was totally wrong for 1 of our 3 passengers. Logged into the booking and wrong passenger info still showing. Attempted to fix info, but site would not allow an update to gender and birthdate but we were able to correct other items.

E-Tickets were reissued today and same info is still wrong. Totally aggravating!

I booked through a TA but they told me to login direct on MSC which I have all along since I booked it a year ago. I completed all the check in info online and was able to get my edocs emailed directly to me. My guess is that your TA didn’t set it up correctly with your email from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing on the March 3rd sailing and when we went into Manage Booking on their site our info was incorrect, and we did our online check in and know everything was put in correctly. We phoned our TA and she phoned MSC and got it sorted out. MSC has many problem with their website. It is important that your information be correct on your E documents.