MTD vs Traditional

Hello all!

My family just booked a New Years Eve cruise on the Harmony of the Seas for December 30th of this year. We sailed with Royal in May of last for the first time ever and we LOVED it. We were on the Allure and had the time of our life. We knew we had to go back and we wanted to do an extended family trip. There is about 16 of us going in total.

We have always done late dining on our cruises (7 with Disney, 1 with Carnival and 1 with Royal) as it always falls at the 8/8:15 time range and works perfectly for us. However, after looking at recent cruise compasses, it looks as though the Harmony usually does a 8:45 late seating which seems way to late for us.

How would MTD work for a large group like that? I see that you can only reserve 10 people per time slot, would we sit near each other? Also, one member is a vegan and had the best experience on the Allure with the serving staff knowing his limitations and the head server making sure he got just as much, if not more, food than the rest of us. What would you all suggest I do?

Thanks for any advice you all can give me!

Hello all!

My family just booked a New Years Eve cruise on the Harmony of the Seas for December 30th of this year. We sailed with Royal in May of last for the first time ever and we LOVED it. We were on the Allure and had the time of our life. We knew we had to go back and we wanted to do an extended family trip. There is about 16 of us going in total.

We have always done late dining on our cruises (7 with Disney, 1 with Carnival and 1 with Royal) as it always falls at the 8/8:15 time range and works perfectly for us. However, after looking at recent cruise compasses, it looks as though the Harmony usually does a 8:45 late seating which seems way to late for us.

How would MTD work for a large group like that? I see that you can only reserve 10 people per time slot, would we sit near each other? Also, one member is a vegan and had the best experience on the Allure with the serving staff knowing his limitations and the head server making sure he got just as much, if not more, food than the rest of us. What would you all suggest I do?

Thanks for any advice you all can give me!

If you link the reservations, you should be near each other, especially if you have reservations. If you like your wait staff the first night, you can always ask to be in the same section/ wait staff for remaining nights. Vegan should not be a problem, but you may want communicate it ahead of time, and stop into the dining room shortly after boarding to confirm your table/dietary needs.

Traditional will likely be a little safer from a wait staff/table perspective, but should really not be any different.