Parl Sleep Fly in Miami area

cruisnpat

I saw on the park sleep fly site that they have a Baymont Inn a mile from the airport. It is on Le Jeune Road. You can stay the night or longer and then cruise and leave your car in their parking lot for up to 14 days free.

Does anyone have any information on this hotel? Is it in an OK location?

It also says shuttle to port by appointment. I asume it if free but don't know. What would it cost to take a taxie to port? any information would be a big help. Thanks

I saw on the park sleep fly site that they have a Baymont Inn a mile from the airport. It is on Le Jeune Road. You can stay the night or longer and then cruise and leave your car in their parking lot for up to 14 days free.

Does anyone have any information on this hotel? Is it in an OK location?

It also says shuttle to port by appointment. I asume it if free but don't know. What would it cost to take a taxie to port? any information would be a big help. Thanks

That's NOT a good neighborhood, I wouldn't leave my car there! :eek:

The Blue Lagoon area south of MIA is a safer area, but the safest place for your car IS IN THE PARKING GARAGES AT THE PORT!!!

The decent MIA airport hotels in a decent neighborhood...

Hilton... http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIAAHHH

Hampton Inn... http://www.hamptoninnmiamiairport.com/

Homewood Suites... http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIABLHW

Summerfield Suites... http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MIASS/main.wnt

Sofitel... http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fichehotel/gb/sof/0889/fiche_hotel.shtml

I stayed there and it is fine. The hotel has very large rooms with microwaves and refridgerators, many of them remodeled after the hurricane. Hotel was clean and quiet, also has free full breakfast (not just continental). Parking is free. Shuttle to the port is free. You will however have to take a cab back which should be $24. If you just need a place for the night before the cruise it is fine, if you are staying in town for a few, I would probably look else ware. Also, there is nothing to eat nor any stores near the hotel so make sure you have everything you need and already have eaten dinner.

I stayed there and it is fine. The hotel has very large rooms with microwaves and refridgerators, many of them remodeled after the hurricane. Hotel was clean and quiet, also has free full breakfast (not just continental). Parking is free. Shuttle to the port is free. You will however have to take a cab back which should be $24. If you just need a place for the night before the cruise it is fine, if you are staying in town for a few, I would probably look else ware. Also, there is nothing to eat nor any stores near the hotel so make sure you have everything you need and already have eaten dinner.

Isn't there a Bennigan's next door? We're planning on having dinner there.

We just returned from our cruise and we did stay at the Baymont on LeJune road. It was fine. We had dinner at Bennigan's just a short walk across the parking lot and you are there. The hotel was Clean, Friendly staff, great breakfast in the morning and they do offer the shuttle to the pier and yes it is free. We did tip the driver who came to pick us up at the Miami airport. As for the neighborhood, there is nothing around except a few other hotels The price was great and we would do it again. It was well worth it to us. Our room was clean, cool, and had 2 full size beds. We felt safe there or we would not have stayed there.

That's NOT a good neighborhood, I wouldn't leave my car there! :eek:

The Blue Lagoon area south of MIA is a safer area, but the safest place for your car IS IN THE PARKING GARAGES AT THE PORT!!!

The decent MIA airport hotels in a decent neighborhood...

Trent, as a local, don't you love it when you give solid advice and it is ignored?

As a frequent visitor, I would not let my favorite enemy stay in that area.

Out of curiousity, I know South Florida used to have a problem with car break ins. Is that still the case? I know when we rented a 16 passenger van to drive to Miami this summer, the rental company would not insure the van in Miami-Dade County. We could only drive it as far as the Broward County line.

Oh I'm used to it Blue Herons... But I only live down here... I'm a news junkie and have friends on police departments in both Miami-Dade and Broward counties, so of course I don't have a clue which areas are safe and which areas have a crime problem... Those who have only stayed for a night know much better than I do if somewhere is safe. :rolleyes:

I guess it's human nature, but I've noticed in many cases people will wait for the answer they want and go with that one. There was a thread a while back where a woman was asking about another airport hotel that is a total hellhole. MANY people told her it was a dump and to stay elsewhere, but she kept asking and asking and asking for months for anyone else's opinion. Some people just don't get it. :confused:

I only recommend hotels that I know to be decent safe places in decent neighborhoods, not those that appear to be safe, but those that ARE safe. I tell people to avoid places I know aren't in safe areas or aren't decent places, but that's all I can do. I never recommend anyone leave their car at a hotel, none of the hotels that allow that have secure lots. I have no problem with wanting to save some money on things, but there are times when being too cheap can cost you far more in the long run.

Yes, as in any large city, there is absolutely a major crime problem in certain areas. There are a lot of car break-ins, and thefts. Of course that can happen anywhere, but it's more common in certain areas and when you leave your car for days in an unsecured lot in a bad neighborhood you're playing with fire. Parking at the port is very safe and secure in brand new covered parking garages. Yes, it's $12 per day, but it's well worth paying that for the peace of mind. The last thing you want to do is come back from a wonderful cruise to a broken window and vandalized car, or no car at all!

Archived