New to NCL

cruiser02

We will be taking our first NCL cruise on the Pride of Aloha April 2nd in Cat AC HAve been on Radisson, RCCL, Celebrity, HAL, Princess.

What differences whould we except? Do you like the 100% freestyle dining? How does the food compare etc

Thank you

I am surprised that you have not yet received a reply here on C.C. NCL section.... We have sailed on both and Princess is just a better quality cruise.... Most folks 55 or older will like the upscale quality of Princess compared to the all you can eat open dining anytime anywhere that ncl offers...:cool: Of course different ships can be more enjoyable that others regardless of the cruise line but Princess has many large fairly new ships that are just wonderful.... Pride of Aloha is a mid size ship of about 7 years old and does not measure up to ships like Star Princess, etc.... :)Most ncl cruisers cruise for the lower price and location (Hawaii)

I have sailed Carnival, Princess, Celebrity and just returned from my first NCL (Dawn). I would have to say that the quality of food on NCL is just not the same as on the other lines I have tried. I would say Celebrity (Mercury) was by far my favorite in all aspects from food, to staff to ship layout.

Well let me say the Folks on the Sun were as nice as can be. but If you want Tuxedo wearing, frooofrooo times, NCL is not what you want....if you want a solid relaxing time, good staff, friendly folks that get you where you want to be, on time....NCL is for you:)

See my post on the Sun from last October....

I am afraid all cruise ships are moving to the center of expectations for the industry... Food quality is down on most ships and services are all becoming the same... NCL may be a bargin to some but I believe all cruise lines are giving up their historial image and moving to the norm or center of expectations for mass cruising... Food was the first we noticed going down... In a couple of years other cruise lines like Princess and RCCL will look and act just like NCL.... It is all about moving a large group of people and making a profit... The Cruise Experience of the 90's is no longer the same quality as all of the lines move down and to the center where NCL is and has made a name for itself in the mass marketing of moving people from one island to another...:cool:

We will be taking our first NCL cruise on the Pride of Aloha April 2nd in Cat AC HAve been on Radisson, RCCL, Celebrity, HAL, Princess.

What differences whould we except? Do you like the 100% freestyle dining? How does the food compare etc

Thank you

I was on the POA when it was still the NCL Sky. It is actually about 5-6 years old. When I as on it, it was well-kept and clean. From what I gather the NCLA experience is different from the standard NCL experience (an all- American crew is different from an international crew). We enjoy Freestyle dining but it is not for everyone. That will be the biggest difference between your POA cruise and cruises on the other lines. I thought the food on my NCL cruises was fine and comparable to other non-NCL cruises I had been on.

Hopefully someone who has been on a POA cruise will reply to give you some specific details.

Archived