CAMP NIGHT OWLS question

prestige809

My son is now 15 but we used it often on CCL when he was younger. I think at the time it was $6 (?) an hr after 10:00 pm or something like that. We would put him in his PJ's, take any comfort item (when he was a lot younger he had a blanket he slept with) and take him up to camp carnival. They had big pillows and blankets on the floor, movies, popcorn and drinks (for the older kids) so it would be a laid back, relaxing time and they fell asleep.

Back then they gave us a buzzer alert thing (like a restaurant) in case they needed to get in touch with us for some reason (like crying kid or sick kid?). We would pick up our sleeping kid at about 1:00 or 2:00 am in most cases. We would use it a couple/few times during the cruise in most cases. It was well worth it for some adult time to go out or even make a stop at the cabin :D before picking him up (hey, it provided some privacy for some mommy/daddy time on vacation). Just sayin....

We have used the Night Owls program many times and we have always felt like it was worth it. It starts at 10pm and the end time varies a bit by age or specific night. On some nights they have themes for the Night Owl program which is always fun.

My kids loved it. My 5 year old has been saving his allowance (his own choice) so he can go to Night Owls on his next cruise, and he doesn't even know that we have plans for one. If that doesn't show how much he loved it, I don't know what does!

Our boys are 7 and 10 now, but they have been going to the kids club and night owls for years. They both absolutely love it and we pretty much use it every night of the cruise. They have been on at least 8 cruises,some with NCL, but we have never had a bad experience with any of the kid's programs.