Family Harbor Suite and FTTF

cruisenewbie1

On our last cruise in October on the Breeze, and on locations on this site, I saw the signs that only Diamonds, Platinum and FTTF guests have access to their staterooms before 1:00. My PVP (who has been with Carnival since at least 2005) swears up and down that Suite guests have access to their staterooms as well. I told her about the sign that I saw on the doors to the hallway stating who can go in early. She says it is because we were on a deck (2) that didn't have any suites so the sign wouldn't say that suite guests are allowed in early. I think that she was pulling that fact out of thin air. I think that if I want early access (and I do, due to the fact I have a couple of kids) I need to purchase FTTF. Can anyone offer their experiences. It makes no sense to me that Carnival would make 2 different signs simply because a deck didn't have a suite on it.

A few months back I also thought suite passengers had priority....But the board corrected me saying "No". You will know for sure once you print your boarding passes and luggage tags. If No priority printed on them....your assumption is correct

No you will not have access to your cabin. The thread that lcpagejr referred to got pretty nasty with people saying all kinds of things about me because I was stating the facts as Carnival has them printed. That caused me to write an emailI asking if Suites had access to their cabins and this is the response I got. I then wrote back asking why the Suite luggage tags had Priority printed on them if that wasn't a perk. I never got a response but some have reported that it no longer shows when they go to print their tags. I don't get Suites so I can't confirm that. Maybe they fixed the error. I don't know.

It also says exactly who has access to their cabins on the cards you get handed out at embarkation. Suites are not on there.

9e50fe1a2f395953354d57c32087231e.jpg

No you will not have access to your cabin. The thread that lcpagejr referred to got pretty nasty with people saying all kinds of things about me because I was stating the facts as Carnival has them printed. That caused me to write an emailI asking if Suites had access to their cabins and this is the response I got. I then wrote back asking why the Suite luggage tags had Priority printed on them if that wasn't a perk. I never got a response but some have reported that it no longer shows when they go to print their tags. I don't get Suites so I can't confirm that. Maybe they fixed the error. I don't know.

It also says exactly who has access to their cabins on the cards you get handed out at embarkation. Suites are not on there.

9e50fe1a2f395953354d57c32087231e.jpg

I just got off of the Breeze on January 14th. I had the following bookings 1 Balcony (7th floor, with FTTF), 1 Suite (7th floor, no FTTF), 1 Interior (7th floor, with FTTF). What this email says is mostly true. My son, daughter and MIL who stayed in the Suite all had "Priority" on their boarding passes and had priority embarkation. However, their luggage tags did say FTTF and they recieved their luggage in around the same time the two rooms with FTTF did. All of us boarded together, luggage was received at the same time and the suite also had priority tendering. The suite did not have access to their room early and did not have a sep guest services line. The suite was ready when we boarded, we had to go get my MILs scooter. We were prepared to sneak her scooter out (embarkation wore her out, she refused a wheelchair) and drop all bags in the two rooms with FTTF. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

I just got off of the Breeze on January 14th. I had the following bookings 1 Balcony (7th floor, with FTTF), 1 Suite (7th floor, no FTTF), 1 Interior (7th floor, with FTTF). What this email says is mostly true. My son, daughter and MIL who stayed in the Suite all had "Priority" on their boarding passes and had priority embarkation. However, their luggage tags did say FTTF and they recieved their luggage in around the same time the two rooms with FTTF did. All of us boarded together, luggage was received at the same time and the suite also had priority tendering. The suite did not have access to their room early and did not have a sep guest services line. The suite was ready when we boarded, we had to go get my MILs scooter. We were prepared to sneak her scooter out (embarkation wore her out, she refused a wheelchair) and drop all bags in the two rooms with FTTF. Hope this helps.

From what I have seen, only the suite tags that are accessed/printed real recently do not say "Priority/FTTF" anymore. However up until maybe a couple weeks ago? they did. There was another thread where a poster reported that they went back into their reservation like they were going to print their tags again and the Priority/FTTF was no longer there so they were going to use the old tags. I'm not booked in a suite and I'm Platinum anyway so I can't see for myself. Maybe someone with a suite that isn't D/P/FTTF can go under their Cruise Manager and see. Thanks for posting!

So no, PRIORITY does not mean you can access prior to 1:00 p.m. It is either Platinum, Diamond or those whom purchased FTTF, from what I have read. But at times the wording is sketchy. It is a bit confusing.

It does state only Platinum, Diamond or suites have access to Captains room for check-in.

Of course Diamond and Platinum get priority over everyone for boarding, reservations for dinner, etc. etc.

So no, PRIORITY does not mean you can access prior to 1:00 p.m. It is either Platinum, Diamond or those whom purchased FTTF, from what I have read. But at times the wording is sketchy. It is a bit confusing.

It does state only Platinum, Diamond or suites have access to Captains room for check-in.

Of course Diamond and Platinum get priority over everyone for boarding, reservations for dinner, etc. etc.

When you go to print your luggage tags do they say anything on them like Priority or FTTF? I’m not talking about ones you may have already printed, but if you go in there right now.

Actually Suites and Diamonds have guaranteed dining reservations. Then Platinums get preference, then FTTF.

Just off the Magic where we stayed in a suite. Our luggage tags and boarding passes said Priority. And no, we did not get early access to our rooms. When I had originally printed the packet back early December, it did say FTTF on it, but when I reprinted the week before we left, it had changed to priority. Not sure what was up with that.

My documents have a red PRIORITY all over them, but not on the luggage tags.

I think it really is simple and this entire argument revolves around people hearing what they want to hear. Carnival's policy clearly states that your room being ready is not a perk. However, I have always been told by the check in agent that my room is ready and i should proceed past the sign and go to my room to drop off my luggage. I am not the guy that breaks rules, I even questioned the last lady if she was sure due to this board and the silly arguments.

The bottom line is that carnival does not give it as a service to suite guests. So if you are not told to do so you should stay away from the room until the designated time. However, for some reason, perhaps different crew or ports, or maybe just crew that aren't informed, suite guests without FTTF sometimes are invited in to their rooms earlier.

Just go with the flow.

In December when I looked at my tags they said faster to the fun. This month when I went to print them they did not. They do not say priority either but the boarding pass does. We are booked in a suite on the magic next month. Last year as a suite guest we got priority luggage, 2 bottles of water and a bag of wash and fold laundry free. So I am not sure if these perks are gone too

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

In December when I looked at my tags they said faster to the fun. This month when I went to print them they did not. They do not say priority either but the boarding pass does. We are booked in a suite on the magic next month. Last year as a suite guest we got priority luggage, 2 bottles of water and a bag of wash and fold laundry free. So I am not sure if these perks are gone too

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

The Priority luggage delivery was never a perk. For some reason the tags printed as such in error and it appears they have fixed that. The other things are listed as being a benefit so will still be there.

Thank you for posting your experience.

Actually it was a perk. It started with the additional suite perks that were added a year ago. This was one of the specific perks that was listed for suite guests along with the others mentioned in my post. Now it appears to be gone.

The Priority luggage delivery was never a perk. For some reason the tags printed as such in error and it appears they have fixed that. The other things are listed as being a benefit so will still be there.

Thank you for posting your experience.

Edited by RW20

Actually it was a perk. It was announced over a year ago by John Heald on his FB feed. This was one of the specific perks that was listed for suite guests along with the others mentioned in my post. Now it appears to be gone.

It was never listed by Carnival that I ever saw, even when they increased the gratuities. I also follow John's FB and don't ever remember hearing that. He had also said that Keurigs were going to be in Suites too, but that didn't happen. I like John but let's face it. Some of the info he gives out isn't always right so I always look for it in writing in other places. That's why people were confused about why their tags said it but it wasn't mentioned anywhere. Here's one article that announces some of the perks when they raised the tips but luggage wasn't one of them. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-tipping-point--carnival-increases-automatic-gratuity-on-cruises-161721381.html

Do a search on here and you will find lots of threads siting the perks (usually FTTF as it also shows what perks Suites share and don't share with that). Not once have I ever seen Priority luggage delivery as part of Suites besides the tags that printed out obviously in error. If it was written, then I apologize but like I said I have never seen it once from Carnival. I would be curious to see it though. It wasn't a perk that was taken away, but rather a "glitch" in the system that printed Suite tags with Priority or FTTF on them up until now. It was fun while it lasted, I suppose.

Edited by firemanbobswife

My documents have a red PRIORITY all over them, but not on the luggage tags.

I think it really is simple and this entire argument revolves around people hearing what they want to hear. Carnival's policy clearly states that your room being ready is not a perk. However, I have always been told by the check in agent that my room is ready and i should proceed past the sign and go to my room to drop off my luggage. I am not the guy that breaks rules, I even questioned the last lady if she was sure due to this board and the silly arguments.

The bottom line is that carnival does not give it as a service to suite guests. So if you are not told to do so you should stay away from the room until the designated time. However, for some reason, perhaps different crew or ports, or maybe just crew that aren't informed, suite guests without FTTF sometimes are invited in to their rooms earlier.

Just go with the flow.

Update . My tags that were printed a month ago do have priority on them.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone is still follow it. This is my first cruise and I have a question...We have a suite and FTTF. If my boarding pass says Priority (due to the Suite) how will they know I have FTTF when I want to go to my room when I board. From what I read, the FTTF is on the S&S card and they will be in the mailbox at my room. So how do I get to my room to get my S&S card if my boarding pass says only Priority. Hope this makes sense.

I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone is still follow it. This is my first cruise and I have a question...We have a suite and FTTF. If my boarding pass says Priority (due to the Suite) how will they know I have FTTF when I want to go to my room when I board. From what I read, the FTTF is on the S&S card and they will be in the mailbox at my room. So how do I get to my room to get my S&S card if my boarding pass says only Priority. Hope this makes sense.

FTTF will be on the boarding pass.

The carnival website says, "we will start boarding with VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, followed by guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations and then FTTF guests. If my boarding pass says FTTF how will they know I have a suite and board before FTTF?