Any recent Silversea travellers?

Tillylovesseabourn

Recently returned from a voyage on Silver Shadow. The ship had a refurb last year, but it seemed not much had changed other than the flooring in the public areas.

In the suites the decor hasn't been updated to 'Silver Muse style'. It's our third time on Shadow and as far as we could tell the rooms were identical - just little more tattered. Interestingly, the orchids SS used to have in every suite were missing (cost cutting?). Food was on the whole ok.

On the other hand I was on Seabourn late last year and thiings could not have been more different. Room was imaculately kept, food was excellent (The Restaurant was best) and service pretty good.

I haven’t been on SS in three years, switched to SB and HL after some negative service experiences (e.g., an overtaxed butler who lied to get out of doing some work, waiting almost 45 minutes to order non-included wine, sullen and resentful bartender etc.) though our first luxury cruise was with SS which got us hooked on cruising. But I considered giving them another go as my TA had told me last year or so that they had a management shakeup due to poor reviews, and they have nice itineraries. I recently responded to a solicitation from a SS agent who sent a “long-time-no-see”email with a question about a particular suite arrangement and after a non-responsive “answer” and promise to follow up the next day he didn’t, blew me off.

My take right now is that if this is the way they choose to treat me to lure me back *before* they have my money, it does not look good for after they get it and I am stuck. I could battle through and eventually get answers, or have the TA do it and give me second hand info, but I am tired of having to fight to give people my cash. Maybe SS good customer service is reserved just for the regulars whom they know well, both before and during the cruise, and that is enough for them to make a profit, at least short term.