Oceania's Pathways of the Peninsula Trip October 2018

Gigi31

My husband and I have just booked this trip for this Fall aboard the Marina boat. We will begin by staying a few days on our own in Barcelona and then board there. Other ports: Marseille Fr, Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa/Tuscany (Livorno) Italy, Rome (Civitavecchia), Sorrento/Capri Italy, Dubrovnik Croatia, Koper Slovenia and ending in Vencie. If anyone has taken this trip in the past, we would love to hear what you liked or disliked about it. We are getting ready to read through all the excursions being offered. Any thoughts on those as I'm assuming they will be the same as other trips previously there? Are there some stops where getting a "free shuttle" is better and explore on our own versus the paid excursions? We prefer not being on a bus all day to see an hour or two of sights and finally, I am an above knee amputee. Walk well but have more difficulty with hilly and rough terrain, so some sights are not within my ability range.

I see that this is your very first Post, WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC and to the Oceania Board! :D

What the Moderators of this Website realized, very wisely and very early on, is that planning a trip involves details and logistics which quickly become repetitious, even if only one or two people from each cruise were to post about them.

To avoid this, they have established a Cruise-Specific area which we call the Roll Calls, wherein passengers who are booked on a particular voyage are encouraged to network.

The Roll Calls are segregated, first by Cruise Line, then by the Ship, and finally by the sailing date.

To find your Roll Call, go to the Oceania Section:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Choose your vessel, and then scroll down to search for your embarkation date.

There, you will be dealing only with those Passengers who will literally be “in the same boat” with you, so there is a much better chance of connecting with like minded people. .

Enjoy your cruise, and every minute of the planning-

Getting there IS half the fun