Hotel with Pharmacy nearby

Bulldogsoc

Can anyone in the know identify a hotel in Long Beach or by LAX with a pharmacy nearby. We are on the Splendor with a Saturday departure. We are coming into LAX Friday night and are up in the air about whether to take the longer cab ride To Long Beach Friday Evening or Saturday morning. If there was a hotel within walking distance of a hotel in either location for last minute items or wine that may be a deciding factor. Thx in advance. Mark

What time on Friday? The LA traffic on a Friday night can be brutal. If you aren't getting in until after 7:00 or 8:00 then you should be good and I would do the drive to LB on Friday. If any earlier then find a place near LAX and go down Saturday morning. Walking around near LAX isn't all that great. Either way LAX or LB you can find a CVS or Walgreens on just about every corner. Just ask your taxi to make a quick stop for you.

There are pharmacies all around LAX. Here is a map showing them:

https://goo.gl/maps/oxHmLxG43Ys

You can either stay near LAX if you come in at rush hour and go to your pharmacy there or drive towards Long Beach. Either way you can find them by putting your hotel into Google and clicking on the map that appears.

Then use the Search Nearby function to see pharmacies.

At 6th and Long Beach Blvd there are two drugstores- CVS and Walgreens.

The free Long Beach Passport stops near the corner. It has stops at/near the Queen Mary, Maya, Hyatt at Pike etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all. Yes, google earth is great. I had been searching. The holiday inn express near the airport has one not too too far but some say it is a sketchy walk but I have no idea on that as I have never been to LA. The Best Western in LB has one about five or six blocks away but they are pushing towards $300 a night and LOL it is best western! The Maya is booked for the Friday night. We will figure it out. THX again. Mark

I wouldn't walk around LAX at all. In fact, I would try to avoid staying at a hotel in that area unless you have an early flight out the next morning.

Also, the word pharmacy around here refers to the area in a drug store or grocery store that dispenses prescriptions. If you're looking for a place that sells OTC meds, toiletries, food, then you'll want to ask about CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens for drug stores, and Vons, Ralphs, Albertsons, etc. for grocery stores. You can buy booze and wine in many grocery and drug stores.

Just letting you know if you're asking a taxi to take you to a store to get you things for your cruise.