Wind to Hawaii

NJGRANNY

We did the 10 day cruise on the Wind in April and had a terrific time. Hiked volcano. snorkled on many islands, deepsea fishing, beaches, Arizona, swam with the dolphins, etc. And then there was the entertainment on the ship which we really enjoyed. Just listened to Patt nad Jose's (lounge act)CD yesterday. Fanning was wonderful. Days at sea a delight. I could have done 10 more.

Just finished the 10 day. It was so bad they would have to pay me to go again. 2 ports missed with no reimbursement. Like spending 10 days in jail

Texas6054, having now posted three times in quick succession this morning (my time) - what was so bad that all you have posted has been VERY negative? Missed ports are not unique to the Wind or to NCL.

There is a brief review of the cruise to which Texas 6054 refers on the roll call for the Wind sailing on Dec. 28th. This person really enjoyed her time onboard, even though a port was missed.

Just read the short review on the roll call. Only one missed port (not two as indicated by texas6054). I agree that the reviewer really enjoyed her cruise but she did coment on those who spent a lot of time complaining!!

There is a brief review of the cruise to which Texas 6054 refers on the roll call for the Wind sailing on Dec. 28th. This person really enjoyed her time onboard, even though a port was missed.

Just read it and that explains Texas6054. They had a medical emergency and missed a port and Texas didn't get paid for missing the port.

Miss a port on any cruise line and you get posts like that.

We were on the 11 day that ended on 12/7. While the Wind is not a new or fancy ship, we loved it. Yes, with the stretch, some of the decks are a little hard to figure out, but it is a smaller ship and you can't get lost.

The food was great and the entertainment was really good in our opinion. We had an oceanview on deck 6 and it was a very nice cabin. Some of the chairs and carpets show some wear, but not enough to bother us.

The crew was very friendly and cheerful and we saw them put up with some really difficult passengers.

We absolutely loved Fanning Island and thought it was the high light of our trip! Wish we could have stayed there another day.

I would encourage anyone to try the Wind. As long as you are not expecting perfection, you will love it.

If you have any other questions, I will try to answer them.

Diane

Thanks to everyone who answered my request for information and to everyone who may post later.

I'm fairly sure that we're going to take this cruise. Sounds good to me, and we're the kind of people who don't mind a few glitches, if they happen, anyway. We loooovvvvvveeeeeeee cruising.

Archived