miami hotel advice please- one night pre cruise and one night post cruise

LeCricket

My husband and I are cruising in June out of Port of Miami. Would any of you be able to help me decide what area to stay in and possibly recommend a hotel? Our flight arrives late (10:30) the night before our cruise. Should we stay at the airport and Uber to POM the next morning or leave the airport right after our flight and stay closer to the port?

Post cruise we want to stay one night in Miami and see the city. I would LOVE to stay in Miami Beach, but if we have an early flight is that going to be a pain? Again I'm wondering if we should stay at the airport and Uber to the beach for the day/evening.

Our budget- I would like to keep the pre cruise hotel under $150. Willing to jump up to $250 for the post cruise if we stay in Miami Beach. If we are staying near the airport I really don't want to spend that much.

Arriving that late into MIA I would choose an airport hotel - Blue Lagoon area hotels are close to a local strip mall with drug and grocery stores in case you need last minute cruise supplies (and also a liquor store :D ). Check Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others. Taxi to POM the next day will run just over $30 or just under $20 in an UberX. Embassy Suites MIA is another, much more isolated option that includes a "free" shuttle to POM.

Post cruise you should be able to find lodging in South Beach in June within your budget. The other alternative is to stay in the Mary Brickell area - both will offer lots of local dining, shopping and nightlife. Get up early (or stay up very late ;) ) and taxi/Uber to MIA for your flight home.

Good luck with your planning and cruise! :cool:

We just returned from the Sensation out of POM. Our flight was changed and we ended up staying one night pre-cruise and one night after cruise. Our pre-cruise stay was at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Miami Brickell Downtown. We used Uber X from MIA to the hotel and the cost was $19.12. We again took Uber X to the POM and the cost was $7.84 for the ride. After the cruise (we originally intended to fly home that same day but our flight was cancelled by AA in advance and we opted to fly out the next morning.) we stayed at the Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites. They offer a free shuttle and we made a reservation for the morning of our flight. No complaints about either hotel. Our pre-cruise hotel was right by the free metro mover and we used that to see the sights the before our cruise.