Half Moon Cay Drink Package (No I'm not talking about Cheers)

girlscruise2011

I just read this very interesting current article from a Cruise Critic editor about Half Moon Cay and the difference between the Cabanas/Villas and Oasis

In the section whats not included in the rental there is an interesting comment about a drink package available for $25 per person for us up to 15 drinks available. Has anyone ever purchased this? If so were you sailing on HAL or Carnival?

Here is the excerpt fro the article in addition to the link to the article to see I'm not drunk already...LOL. My group is looking into the Oasis but if this is an option I would definitely consider it instead.

What's Not Included With a Half Moon Cay Cabana Rental

Butler service can be added for either cabanas or villas for an additional charge.

A drink package is offered for Half Moon Cay, including up to 15 drinks per person, for $25. (If you have a drink package onboard your ship, it does not extend to the island.)

Water sports equipment, like kayaks or water bikes, are available to rent by the hour.

One noticeable thing not featured in cabanas or villas are private restrooms. General-use bathroom facilities are located nearby.

Clamshells are awnings that can be rented to shade lounge chairs on the beach. These rentals are $20 per clamshell.

There is no Wi-Fi or extensive cell service available on Half Moon Cay.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3145&source=99360

There were a few inaccuracies in the article. I have not heard of HAL offering a drink package on the island, and we have been there 10 times, including twice in 2017.

The other things I saw that were inaccurate was stating Carnival has the Butler Upgrade (only HAL does) and that you can only get your cabana assignment when you get on the ship. HAL lets you select your cabana at time of purchase, on line.

There were a few inaccuracies in the article. I have not heard of HAL offering a drink package on the island, and we have been there 10 times, including twice in 2017.

The other things I saw that were inaccurate was stating Carnival has the Butler Upgrade (only HAL does) and that you can only get your cabana assignment when you get on the ship. HAL lets you select your cabana at time of purchase, on line.

The author of the article never even mentions Carnival vs HAL. So she really wasn't wrong in saying "Carnival" has the Butler upgrade and with Carnival, you cannot pick your cabana at time of purchase. You have to go to Shore Excursions once you get on the ship. So in theory she was right on both parts. I know you said you've been to the island 10 times, with twice in 2017 but you also said you haven't heard of HAL offering. Maybe they do but you never heard about it. You don't say you know first hand they don't since you've never asked. Just saying.

I'm not saying she's right but you aren't really saying she's wrong. :D

The author of the article never even mentions Carnival vs HAL. So she really wasn't wrong in saying "Carnival" has the Butler upgrade and with Carnival, you cannot pick your cabana at time of purchase. You have to go to Shore Excursions once you get on the ship. So in theory she was right on both parts. I know you said you've been to the island 10 times, with twice in 2017 but you also said you haven't heard of HAL offering. Maybe they do but you never heard about it. You don't say you know first hand they don't since you've never asked. Just saying.

I'm not saying she's right but you aren't really saying she's wrong. :D

Huh? We have had cabanas 8 times with HAL on HMC. We are very familiar with the policies and procedures. We have picked our cabana when we have purchased it, up to 9 months in advance of actual sailing. We have had the cabana upgrade 6 of those times. It is widely discussed on this board that Carnival doesn't offer the Butler upgrade. So, no, she is at least not correct in theory. In fact, she left out a lot of info in her article.

Huh? We have had cabanas 8 times with HAL on HMC. We are very familiar with the policies and procedures. We have picked our cabana when we have purchased it, up to 9 months in advance of actual sailing. We have had the cabana upgrade 6 of those times. It is widely discussed on this board that Carnival doesn't offer the Butler upgrade. So, no, she is at least not correct in theory. In fact, she left out a lot of info in her article.

Yes sorry but I think you mistook my response. I know Carnival doesn't have the Butler service and HAL does. I know with HAL you can pick your cabana when you book and with Carnival you can't. All I stated was the author wasn't brand specific in her statements so she was 1/2 right. Obviously you see her 1/2 wrong. I guess its just how you look at it. She may have left out a lot of info but she also had a lot of info there.

Maybe they don't offer the drink package on HMC. If not, no big deal. But I like to deal in facts so my TA will be calling Shore Excursions next week to find out for sure. I'll post what she finds out.

Yes sorry but I think you mistook my response. I know Carnival doesn't have the Butler service and HAL does. I know with HAL you can pick your cabana when you book and with Carnival you can't. All I stated was the author wasn't brand specific in her statements so she was 1/2 right. Obviously you see her 1/2 wrong. I guess its just how you look at it. She may have left out a lot of info but she also had a lot of info there.

Maybe they don't offer the drink package on HMC. If not, no big deal. But I like to deal in facts so my TA will be calling Shore Excursions next week to find out for sure. I'll post what she finds out.

Only 1/2 right is pretty misleading. Fortunately this is not a more serious issue, as there would be big issues with only 1/2 right.