A Question For Those That Know The GC Road System Well

lx200gps

We'll be back on GC in a few weeks, on our favorite ship, the Regal Princess. No diving for me this trip owing to recent surgery, so we plan to head south to Sunset House on Church Street, hang out in the great bar and do some snorkeling. Sunset House is about a kilometer south of the cruise ship tender dock.

The last time we tried to walk down Church St, the "coast road", we were nearly hit by a car, as there are no sidewalks and one is forced to walk on the road much of the time. My wife now flat out refuses to walk that stretch of road, making a short walk to SH, or our favorite snorkeling spot of all, Smith Cove, quite impractical. And we prefer to walk as much as possible when on a cruise, so we're not going to hire a taxi to drive us such a short distance.

On Google Maps, there is another large road, Walker's Road that runs south pretty much parallel to Church Street, but I can't find any info on it. Astoundingly, Google hasn't implemented Street View for Grand Cayman so I can't do a virtual walk down Walker's Road to see if it has sidewalks.

Sorry for the long winded rant, would anyone know if Walker's Road is more "pedestrian friendly" than the shore road? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, but as I said earlier, we always walk as much as we can, and only take taxis when time or distance require it. Personal preference. If there's no safe way to walk down to SH that she is comfortable with, we'll stick with Eden Rock, but my wife, a timid snorkeler, isn't good with the distance out to the reef. In any case, we're hitting the Money Bar is Coz the next day for more snorkeling ;o)

No! Walkers Road is not a better option.

Thanks Tom, I was afraid of that. From scanning satellite imagery, I had thought that at least some of Walker's Road has sidewalks owing to all the businesses along there. I guess maybe we'll think of an alternative and maybe head north instead of south and try Cheeseburger Reef, which we have yet to snorkel on. It should be easy enough for my wife to handle.