diet tonic water

suenterry

I love tonic water as it is a bit sour and tastes great with my gin. I have never seen diet tonic water on the ship. They have tonic water in cans and in their soda gun. You will have to bring your own diet tonic water onboard with you and/or buy it during shore stops. You can bring all you can carry. They only limit alcohol.

Now I have a sudden urge for a nice gin and tonic with lime of course. :cool::D

I actually prefer the taste of diet tonic rather than regular but they simply don't have any on Princess ships. If you want to drink in your own cabin take some with you. If you want a Gin and Tonic you will have to put up with "regular" tonic. If you order a Tanqueray and Tonic or a Hendricks and Tonic it will be fine. I prefer the Tanqueray but others prefer the Hendricks. Either one works for me I just prefer one to the other.

At home I often drink "and Tonic" which is Gin and Tonic minus the Gin. I find that diet Tonic with lime is very refreshing and tasty. If I had Gin with it every time it wouldn't work out real well.

I am diabetic so have diet tonic with my gin. I have been able to get it on some cruises but not on others. I was once told that I should have ordered it on the personaliser as a dietary requirement! I now pack a few small bottles in my luggage so I have some if the ship doesn’t. I have found it more available if there are more British passengers. I was once told that Americans don’t drink diet!

I actually prefer the taste of diet tonic rather than regular but they simply don't have any on Princess ships. If you want to drink in your own cabin take some with you. If you want a Gin and Tonic you will have to put up with "regular" tonic. If you order a Tanqueray and Tonic or a Hendricks and Tonic it will be fine. I prefer the Tanqueray but others prefer the Hendricks. Either one works for me I just prefer one to the other.

Bombay and tonic always!! :D

• 5 years later...
22 hours ago, cruisinglady65 said:

So does Emerald Princess have diet tonic water at their bars..or would I be permitted to bring diet tonic water onboard?

No idea if they stock diet tonic but you are definitely allowed to bring your own onboard. Each passenger is allowed a 12 pack of "soda" cans. A 12 pack of Diet Tonic in cans would be perfectly acceptable.

(I actually prefer diet tonic to the regular.)

On 8/30/2023 at 9:15 PM, cruisinglady65 said:

So does Emerald Princess have diet tonic water at their bars.

They had it last November at Skywalkers.  I've found diet tonic on most Princess ships.  But, it's usually only at one bar.  It's up to you to find that bar.  If you do find it, and it's not your favorite bar, just tell your favorite bartender, and they will probably have it the next day.

I usually bring a liter or two on with me, just in case.

2 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

If you do find it, and it's not your favorite bar, just tell your favorite bartender, and they will probably have it the next day.

This is the information you need. When I didn't find the drink I wanted (Bulleit Rye) I searched the ship until I found the one bar that had it. Within two days every bar I visited had it in stock. Heck, even the wine steward in Vines kept a bottle behind the bar for me. 😍

• Like 2