Jade: Secrets, tips, favorite areas...

mnlovesdisney

Our cruise is in 8 days. I was wondering if there are any special tips people have or favorite or secret areas that might not be common knowledge. I know on Carnival ships (which is what we have sailed in the past) there are "hidden balconies" that not all people realize are there. I'm just wondering if there are any similar areas on the Jade or any special tips or tricks that people care to share.

Having sails on the Jade’s sister ship Gem, I have a few suggestions.

First, make sure you visit the Spinnaker Lounge early in the morning. It’s all the way forward on deck 13. There’s these great views from the front corners that overhang the sides of the ship. It’s very quiet in the morning and a great place to have a coffee and read a book while viewing the ocean.

Next, make sure you visit the Great Outdoors, deck 12 aft. Basically it’s and extension of the Garden Cafe buffet. It is mostly covered seating but open to the ocean. Simply one of the best features I’ve ever enjoyed. You have amazing ocean views and their late night buffet is set up out there. Amazing spot I wish all ships had!

Deck 7 is a full walk-around promenade deck. It is usually pretty quiet out there and you can really connect to the sea there.

The Jewel class ships are absolutely wonderful. Enjoy your trip!

1. O'Sheehans for breakfast unless you do the dining room or the buffet. Its a small menu but we went a few times and always had a decent fluffy omelet and the place was uncrowded.

2. Pay the extra and do the Teppanyaki restaurant. Can't remember the cost but it was great fun and was a good two hours or so.

3. Jasmin Garden for supper. Good asian style food in a quieter atmosphere.

4. Second the Spinnaker lounge for peace and quiet. Only found it on our last day and I was annoyed about that

5. If you want to avoid the noise of the pool on sea days then go right to the front of the ship to the sun deck above the Spinnaker lounge. Its marked as a quiet area and you can't hear a thing from the pool area once up there.

6. The card room can get busy on sea days but other days it was pretty quiet. (if cards and games are your thing obviously, it was pretty well stocked with games)

7. For a cocktail that has had a bit more effort put into it (rather than the pool side bars where i found they just put in some premixed stuff for the daily special and then whipped them out really fast). Go to the Mojito and Martini bars. Different areas of the ship but loved the Mojito bar up by Cagneys. Was very quiet up there. In the evening they use part of the bar for the Brazilian restaurant but its still very quiet.

• 2 weeks later...