Platinum showing Gold

dorchrislen

I will turn platinum during my cruise in March, and it shows Priority/Platinum on boarding pass and documents. I am also doing a cruise in July, but it still shows me as Gold. I've paid for the March cruise but I'm still paying for July to Alaska. Is the reason it doesn't show Priority for the July cruise because it isn't paid for yet, or should I call and get it corrected? Thanks.

I will turn platinum during my cruise in March, and it shows Priority/Platinum on boarding pass and documents. I am also doing a cruise in July, but it still shows me as Gold. I've paid for the March cruise but I'm still paying for July to Alaska. Is the reason it doesn't show Priority for the July cruise because it isn't paid for yet, or should I call and get it corrected? Thanks.

Technically, you aren't Platinum until you cruise in March. So until you make that cruise, you aren't Platinum for the July cruise yet. After the March cruise, check back again and it should say Platinum for the July cruise. Give it a week or two before you check. And it doesn't have to be paid for to have it show up.

interesting, though, that the March cruise documents all indicate platinum. It is a eight day and I will turn platinum on the seventh. The other is seven days.

As I said in my other posting, technically, you are not Platinum until you take the first cruise. Carnival will give you the Platinum status on the first cruise because you will hit the 75 mark on that cruise even if it's the last day. Until then, you are considered Gold. Once you step on the ship for the first cruise, you are now Platinum. After you return home, give it a week or two and look at your booking for your second cruise. It will say Platinum.

We had 63 days and booked an 8 day on the Horizon. That would give us 71 days. We booked a five day to put us over the mark. Both cruises showed us Gold. After the five day cruise, within a couple of weeks, the Horizon cruise showed us as Platinum.

interesting, though, that the March cruise documents all indicate platinum. It is a eight day and I will turn platinum on the seventh. The other is seven days.

Well, I wouldn't stress about it, it will resolve itself eventually.

But here is one more possibility:

Although you have paid for your March cruise and are still paying off the July cruise, did you book your July cruise before the actual last cruise you took? Because if so, the "system" would not have recognized you as being close enough reach Platinum yet, so it would mark you as "Gold" still. And if you booked your March cruise after your last actual cruise, it would have then indeed recognized the March cruise as being where you will hit the milestone.

Anyway, just some thought experiments based on my limited knowledge of your circumstances.