Portofino - can I make 9am ferry in santa magherita

jmmiva

Silver Spirit docks in Portofino - says 8am. There is a ferry day tour to cinque terre from santa magherita that leaves at 9. A cab is about 10 minutes. If we were docked I would be less worried but it's a tender port. Do any of you that have sailed previously know:

When it says in port at 8, does that mean we can get on the tender to dock at 8?

Can we make it to the ferry?

It sounds like it will be tight, but if you don't have to buy tickets in advance, it would be worth a try. I do not know about availability of taxis in Portofino. I suggest you try to get one to meet you in town. Worst case, you can walk around Santa Margherita and Rapallo. Then take the ferry from Santa Margherita to San Fruttuoso and then back to Portofino.

Silver Spirit docks in Portofino - says 8am. There is a ferry day tour to cinque terre from santa magherita that leaves at 9. A cab is about 10 minutes. If we were docked I would be less worried but it's a tender port. Do any of you that have sailed previously know:

When it says in port at 8, does that mean we can get on the tender to dock at 8?

Can we make it to the ferry?

In our experience of at least four stops in Portofino it is beautiful,scenic and a pleasure to wander round and take in everything it has to offer by way of walking and scenery.Have a rest in

in one of the many attractive restaurants,cafes or bars dependent upon time of day etc.Time constraints re tenders and excursions will not enter the equation and you will have a wonderful time.Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The advice from Brimary sounds like a Plan to me. On the last two occasions we have been scheduled to call at Portofino we have not made it due to the Swell which can be substantial - diverted to Genoa. In any event the Tenders are certainly now used by Silversea Excursion Guests ahead of others and Taxis are hard to find at the Tender area - it may be necessary to walk to the centre of Town ( only a short walk ).

It sounds as if your Tour will likely leave you stressed at the very least - however have Fun as Portofino is a magical place and well worth a visit in its own right.