Stingray City & Starfish Point booked with MSC Seaside (GCA54)

Micheb5

I know you want info on the MSC tour but I'll give my input anyway. I've done the tour before with Moby Dick and they are great. It is an excellent experience. We are going to Sting Ray City with them again in Feb when on Seaside. I would highly recommend that operator.

I know you want info on the MSC tour but I'll give my input anyway. I've done the tour before with Moby Dick and they are great. It is an excellent experience. We are going to Sting Ray City with them again in Feb when on Seaside. I would highly recommend that operator.

Thanks! I have read good things about them and have seen some great videos posted of the experience. I usually book with outside companies as I can do my research and know exactly what I am getting! Booking with the cruise line I am not sure who they are booking with and if it will be a good experience, crowded, etc. This time I have people with me who are more comfortable with the security of booking with the ship. I was trying to see if someone who has been could give me feedback so I feel comfortable with the ship tour. :confused:

Have fun on Seaside next month, hope you have a great experience. We are going in March.

Seaside could not anchor in the Cayman Islands today as the port authority cancelled tender boating for safety reasons I.e. big waves.

Ah, sorry you missed a port, did you do another port or extra sea day? How are you liking the Seaside? I am looking out the window at snow coming down and rather be on vacation.:D:cool:

A word of caution. I would strongly suggest you book the excursion after you board and not prior. MSC's pre-booking platform has problems and two of my pre cruise bookings, an excursion and laundry package, did not transfer over to the ship when we boarded. We received a refund but it was an unnecessary hassle. I enjoyed our cruse but their online presence, is miserable. Others have complained as well.

A word of caution. I would strongly suggest you book the excursion after you board and not prior. MSC's pre-booking platform has problems and two of my pre cruise bookings, an excursion and laundry package, did not transfer over to the ship when we boarded. We received a refund but it was an unnecessary hassle. I enjoyed our cruse but their online presence, is miserable. Others have complained as well.

You just need to book over the phone not online.

Ah, sorry you missed a port, did you do another port or extra sea day? How are you liking the Seaside? I am looking out the window at snow coming down and rather be on vacation.:D:cool:

It was changed to a Sea day. The crew scrambled to change the program for the day. Some of the staff who get to go ashore must have been sad as well to have lost their time off.

Seaside is great so far. Some of the earlier complaints discussed on cruise critic have already been addressed, although there are still plenty of problems to sort out. We are here for two weeks so I will have a better opinion towards the end of our cruise late next week. One irritant is having the bowling alley one floor above our MDR. You can hear the bowling balls being rolled down the lane. We have asked to be moved to the other MDR for next week. When I complained I was told I was not the only one to raise the issue. The only solution I can see is for the bowling lanes to close during dinner. I would assume if MSC gets enough complaints they will do something.

It was changed to a Sea day. The crew scrambled to change the program for the day. Some of the staff who get to go ashore must have been sad as well to have lost their time off.

Seaside is great so far. Some of the earlier complaints discussed on cruise critic have already been addressed, although there are still plenty of problems to sort out. We are here for two weeks so I will have a better opinion towards the end of our cruise late next week. One irritant is having the bowling alley one floor above our MDR. You can hear the bowling balls being rolled down the lane. We have asked to be moved to the other MDR for next week. When I complained I was told I was not the only one to raise the issue. The only solution I can see is for the bowling lanes to close during dinner. I would assume if MSC gets enough complaints they will do something.

Hope you do a review, looking forward to it. If you can post pics of your menus and daily programs that would be awesome. Quite a few people on CC are looking for recent ones, myself included. Enjoy the rest of your time on board!