Check your 8/31/18 Adventure of the Seas Booking

jletsgo

I learned in our roll call that the reservation for this cruise was gone from the cruise planner and no longer available for booking. My TA contacted Royal yesterday and was told the itinerary had changed to a Canada cruise without contacting my TA or myself. I know not everyone signs up for the roll call so wanted to bring to everyone’s attention. Of course my TA is still trying to find out why and what is happening with this booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it has been "redeployed" to Canada/New England. We are booked on the cruise before and the 2 cruises following for a total of 5 weeks. If we want to stay on that week we have to be repriced at tha rate for th new cruise. The new rate is 1000.00 more and they will not guarantee the same cabin we had for the 5 weeks! If we move or cancel the cruise on the 24th all of the penalties apply that go along with nonrefundable rate! Not very happy wth royal right now:(:(

Yes I re booked to the August 17th sailing which unfortunately was not one of the ones they were offering and was $200 more but my TA was able to get me a $100 OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If this cruise was one that originated in NYC and went to Quebec and returned to NYC, the issue is that a couple of Right Whales were struck and killed in the Gulf of St. Laurence. As a result, the Canadian Coast Guard reduced the speed limit on all shipping, reducing the speed to 10 knots from 24 knots. As a result, some of the cruise lines have had to cancel or change itineraries since they could no longer make it to their respective ports on time.

We had booked a Canadian cruise departing from NYC and returning to NYC on a different cruise line which as to depart on October 18, 2018. I first heard about our cruise being cancelled when a friend of ours could no longer fid the cruise listed on the cruise line's website. When I checked discussions on CC, I found out about the whales and other cancelations. The cruise line contacted my TA four day after I had found out about the cancellation on my own. The itinerary had been changed to a 1-way cruise to Quebec with a few New England stops added to the cruise. This also brought up the price of the cruise. We were given the option to rebook on one of these cruises at the new price and the cruise line would give s $25 OBC if we chose to rebook. We cancelled the cruise and that cruise line as a result. We are now "Loyal to Royal."