Norwegian Cruise Ship to Sail New Caribbean Itinerary

LauraS

Interesting decision. We sailed to St. Thomas and St. Maarten in December on Azamara Quest. Yes, there is damage but they are making such steady progress. I would go back again for sure. These islands depend on tourism and there is more than enought to interest cruise passengers. Beaches are opening, St. Thomas shopping downtown was as good as ever and St. Maarten although damaged still has much to offer.The french side market area is slowly growing and we purchased some beautifully made items.

NCL has taken an interesting position on focusing on the Western Caribbean.

We for sure will not be sailing with them as we have been to the Western ports more times than those in the Eastern Caribbean.

On the ports section, many have posted their own experiences sailing to the Eastern Caribbean and I do not see anything of concern for travel to that area.b

This decision seems so extreme. We just got notified of this change and are VERY disappointed with the new itinerary. My husband and I have been to Mexico several times and were excited about seeing other parts of the Caribbean. I know this is part of cruising, but really?? I'm contemplating rebooking with Royal Caribbean, who still has a Southern/Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Any insight from experienced cruisers would be appreciated.