Question about booking two rooms

mondas42

Hi all

We are going on a 14night cruise on Azura in July this year. This is our 4th cruise with P&O (2 on Ventura and one of Britannia) but it’s the first time we have booked two rooms as our daughter is now 17 and kinda needs her own space. We therefore booked two inside rooms on B deck next to each other through a TA. We were told as our daughter was only 17 that we needed to book one room in my name, and the other is my wife’s name with our daughter as the second passenger. We were told just to swap my wife to my room when we got there. I now know that is not quite the case and we could have put our daughter in her own room on her own, but what’s done is done. Question is will reception allow my wife a room card with my room on it just in case she want to go to our room without my card? Can we link the two bookings to aid booking trips and how will having two bookings affect our dining options? Will we be able to get a table for three? (We are on freedom dining). Thanks all.

I did the same thing for my 18 year old daughter last year, P&O linked my bookings. I booked direct but your TA should be able to do this. I did still have 2 bookings with 2 different booking references so had to book excursions separately via cruise personaliser. The linked bookings ensured that we were allocated the same dining room, we were on club dining due to my younger daughters food allergies (I find it easier to have the same waiting staff to ensure that they understand her needs) but I can't see there being any issues getting a table for 3.

Once the initial queue at reception had eased I went down with her and we got extra keys cut for both cabins so that she could get into our cabin and vice versa. These were simply cabin keys, they had no details printed on them and could not be used to charge anything to the cabins. It was quite useful, especially when she called me on the cabin phone to say that she was stuck half in her dress for formal night and could I please come and sort the lacing up the back as she could not either do it up or get out of it!

She definitely appreciated having her own space and by selecting parking as our select booking perk and putting it as her perk and OBS for the other cabin with 2 of us in it I got the best value for money.

Hi all

We are going on a 14night cruise on Azura in July this year. This is our 4th cruise with P&O (2 on Ventura and one of Britannia) but it’s the first time we have booked two rooms as our daughter is now 17 and kinda needs her own space. We therefore booked two inside rooms on B deck next to each other through a TA. We were told as our daughter was only 17 that we needed to book one room in my name, and the other is my wife’s name with our daughter as the second passenger. We were told just to swap my wife to my room when we got there. I now know that is not quite the case and we could have put our daughter in her own room on her own, but what’s done is done. Question is will reception allow my wife a room card with my room on it just in case she want to go to our room without my card? Can we link the two bookings to aid booking trips and how will having two bookings affect our dining options? Will we be able to get a table for three? (We are on freedom dining). Thanks all.

I don’t quite understand this as we have booked for a canaries cruise in July on Ventura and the online booking allowed us to book a cabin for our 16Y/O son separately. I had expected to have to do what you described but was surprised that it was not necessary. Same issue in that he really needs his own space now.

In fact it has become a bit of a pain in terms of booking excursions now as the site wants us to book the excursions separately as well which clearly would have been easier if they could have been done as one order. If there is a way of linking the bookings on line so that we don’t have to do this I would appreciate a walk through of how to do it if anyone knows how.

The other problem of course is that the bills still all end up on the same credit card...................one day he can pay for himself.......one day....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Firstly you will get a table together on Freedom dining on a table for 4 or share with others. With regard to excursions although bookings are linked you have to make separate bookings for each cabin which I know is very annoying as we have 3 cabins. I would give P&O a call to change the cabin to your daughter. We took a 17 year old on a cruise 2 years ago and they had their own cabin.

After we booked it I found out the TA was wrong and that we could book Lorna into a room on her own. I think the TA was used to other cruise lines that insist on the named passenger been over 18. We did think about swapping my wife to my room but as someone pointed out to me, I got free parking and my wife and daughter got £50 OBC each. If we swap my wife over we loose £50.