Cancelling or Changing a Select Dining Reservation

iujen94

We are going on our first Celebrity cruise in June and are doing Select dining. I’ve found the spot online to make reservations. If something changes and we want to cancel or change a reservation - either before we cruise or while on board - is it possible to do so (and if it is possible, how would we do that?) Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of the time you are able to change, but always let them know. Tell them the night before if possible...select is for those who like to eat at different times depending on tours and other things that arise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We generally prefer a less structured approach with select/anytime dining - we haven't made reservations on other cruise lines. From reading these boards though, it seems the waits tend to be longer than we are used to with anytime dining if you don't make a reservation. Our cruise is very port-intensive, usually returning around 5 or 6 in the evening, so I'm sure "everyone" is going to want to eat around 7:30. We just wanted to make sure there was some leeway just in case our plans change. Thanks!

If you have booked dining times pre cruise via your planner and want to cancel or change your time you can do this via the planner again by choosing the day/date and clicking edit.

If you haven't or don't want to reserve you can just go along when you want to during the MDR opening hours and you will be seated.

There may be a short wait the same as if you turned up at a restaurant at home without a reservation. At time they do hand out pagers which will buzz to let you know when your table is ready.

There is usually two lines for those who have reservation and those who have not.

The busiest times are usually between 7-8pm as most people want to eat then and I'd also avoid the set dining times as it tends to be quite busy as they are all coming in then.

You can also request a table size, if you want a table for 2 tell them this, even if they say they have none advise you will wait.

We prefer a two top as we don't like to drag out dinner so always ask for and get a table for two. Can eat and leave at our own speed.