Transferring cabin on sold out cruise

pokerpro5

The situation:

I have a balcony stateroom booked for a cruise in August which no longer has balconies available. I am in the full refund cancellation period, obviously.

I can no longer make that cruise.

Rather than cancel it, I thought perhaps I would simply transfer it to someone else and let them take over the reservation (including paying). I would be doing this so someone I know who wants to take the cruise would be able to get that stateroom, when otherwise they could not (because it's sold out).

Is there a way to do this?

Can NCL easily make this transfer? I'm afraid if they just cancel mine and try to rebook immediately for the other person, it would get lost.

My idea is to add the person I'm transferring as the "new" 2nd person in my room (dropping the other 2nd person from the reservation), and then dropping myself off.

Would this work?

Is he or she cruising solo or will they be adding another person & dropping you? If they're a solo cruiser, it shouldn't be a problem to leave your name on the booking & you just not show up. If there's another person to add when you're dropped, you probably will not be able to pull it off.