Anyone been on the Viking Mekong?

Stevie44875

The hubby and I will be on the Mekong river cruise with Viking at the end of July. I wanted to see if anyone knows how the meals are handled when we are not on the river as there are many days we stay in a city for a few days. Are there some meals included in Hanoi, Siem Reap and Ho Chi Minh City?

Thanks!

My Mekong cruise with Viking was 6 years ago, but I imagine that not much has changed. In all hotels breakfast was included. Lunch arrangements were on our own. We were in Saigon two nights and the first night was on our own, the second was an included welcome dinner at a restaurant. In Siem Reap the first night was a buffet dinner with dance performance at the hotel and the next two nights were included dinners at local restaurants. The day of departure to Hanoi was an included late lunch in lieu of dinner as we did not arrive in Hanoi until somewhat late in the evening. The farewell dinner the last night in Hanoi was included. I took the Ha Long Bay extension and all breakfasts and one lunch (aboard the cruise) were included. Dinners were on our own.

If you check the itinerary on their website you'll see exactly which meals are included each day, for example:

"Today you also visit the mysterious Bayon Temple, known for its giant, stone-carved faces with their enigmatic smiles. Dine at a local restaurant and relax this evening. (B, D)"

So on that day the 'B, D' indicates that breakfast and dinner are included.