Princess@Sea

Meemp

How will Princess@Sea work with my iPad? Will I get the texts?

You can text others on the ship after you set each device up, but it won't notify you; you need to check every so often to see if you received anything.

Will not work for texting anyone off the ship. It's great for seeing what's happening onboard and checking your account balance.

This not a texting system but a messaging system. I think of it more of an email system. You send a message and the other will see that they have message in the inbox. It is a wifi-based system. It works well on Apple products (wife's devices) and Android devices (mine).

Thank you for that good information. I feel more confident now that I will be able to use my iPad to get messages from my party. We will be a group of six and will get scattered around the ship. It will be so nice to be in contact.

Do you have to pay for the ship's wifi to use this service or is it completely free?

One of the Princess@Sea links will take you to paid internet. Much better system than before, as it quickly lets you know if you're logged in/out and the number of paid minutes you have left.

I would also suggest that you keep a copy of your daily Patter handy, as well. We found there were some occasional inaccuracies with the daily agendas. Most of the time they were changed at a later time. Patter is still the most comprehensive source of information.

You can also check on the availability of excursions. Tells you if they're still open, closed or cancelled.

Also, get the six digit ID numbers from the people you want to message. Once you plug them into the system, you can access them by name...easy.