Room on 1st Floor Vista

irishgirl33

Need some help! Heading on the Carnival Vista later this month but when we booked this cruise (1 year ago with friends) we had never cruised. We have since been on 1 cruise (last minute deal in the fall). Our friends chose rooms on the 1st floor. At the time, we had never cruised and just booked a room beside them. Now we are having second thoughts about being on the 1st floor. Can anyone share some positive/negative reviews. I am being told that if we hit rough waters we will feel everything (being so low) and we will hear the engines and such....help. Kinda freaking out now.

I have been on the first floor and was fine with it. Frankly the lower you are in the ship the less rocking and rolling you will feel. I also liked the fact that when returning from ports you didn’t have to wait with a mob of folks for an elevator to the higher floors. You just get on the ship and you are practically at your room.

I'm sailing on 1st floor in 6 weeks. Here are pros and cons:

Pros:

- cheaper

- less motion, particularly if you are in the middle

- no noise below you generally

Cons:

- Further to travel (more stairs or elevators if you are coming and going)

- Views are not as good as higher floors. This is a moot point for interior rooms.

Check the layout to see what is above you. That's the only thing I'd be worried about.

Need some help! Heading on the Carnival Vista later this month but when we booked this cruise (1 year ago with friends) we had never cruised. We have since been on 1 cruise (last minute deal in the fall). Our friends chose rooms on the 1st floor. At the time, we had never cruised and just booked a room beside them. Now we are having second thoughts about being on the 1st floor. Can anyone share some positive/negative reviews. I am being told that if we hit rough waters we will feel everything (being so low) and we will hear the engines and such....help. Kinda freaking out now.

You will hear engine noise and you will be far from Lido , we love the lido deck, close to the action.