Will be on the Dream March 2018, looking for a close beach

diverdon48371

We are cruising on the Dream March of this year. We are looking for a beach witn in walking distance. Does not need to be much of a beach, just looking for a place to take the grand kids(3 & 2) to play in the sand. They would be happy with a big sand box. Did several searches and did not see an answer. Needs to be close to the pier where we can go for a short time(30 min).

Thank you

Don

Sent from my VS500 using Forums mobile app

We are cruising on the Dream March of this year. We are looking for a beach witn in walking distance. Does not need to be much of a beach, just looking for a place to take the grand kids(3 & 2) to play in the sand. They would be happy with a big sand box. Did several searches and did not see an answer. Needs to be close to the pier where we can go for a short time(30 min).

Thank you

Don

Sent from my VS500 using Forums mobile app

Which pier? Carnival? Norwegian?

Sorry, Carnival Dream

In that case you will most likely dock at Puerta Maya.

The small cove at El CID should suit your purpose and they used to offer a pass at the lobby for about $20 pp which gives you access to pool and Wi-Fi and $10 back towards food and drink. There are rocks and water so you will need to supervise closely.

For a longer stay AI day pass next door to Park Royal is where we took our grandson when he was 3, small children’s pool with sand and water toys, buffet lunch inside out of heat. Also three other pools. Convenient because no transport necessary but I would advise you to walk ocean side with stroller as other sidewalk very uneven.

There is supposedly a bar with sandy area right at the port but I have never docked at Puerta Maya . Not sure how busy these places will be in March as it will be Spring Break.