Duty Free - Soltice - Australia

Rod&Deb

Hi All

I guess as we sail from Sydney and go to the South Pacific Islands we will go through customs in Sydney (Haven't cruised out of Aust before as we live here) and again when we arrive back in Sydney. Will I buy duty free bottles on the ship to bring back into Australia and are they even worth buying on ships. When we fly out of Australia we buy our alcohol though they store it at the airport to pick up before going back through customs. We do tend to buy elite alcohol that you wouldn't drink everyday. Many Thanks

The selection isn't great but you might find something you like. The prices are reasonable. We bought ours on the last day before Sydney and were able to take it directly to our cabin. Not sure what happens if you buy it earlier, they may hold it until the last day.

I think you can buy duty free at some of the South Pacific ports eg Noumea. Again they might hold it until the last day. I suggest you check the ship prices first then decide which way you want to go.

Hi All

I guess as we sail from Sydney and go to the South Pacific Islands we will go through customs in Sydney (Haven't cruised out of Aust before as we live here) and again when we arrive back in Sydney. Will I buy duty free bottles on the ship to bring back into Australia and are they even worth buying on ships. When we fly out of Australia we buy our alcohol though they store it at the airport to pick up before going back through customs. We do tend to buy elite alcohol that you wouldn't drink everyday. Many Thanks

Hi Rod and Deb,

Depending on your alcohol of choice and what islands you are visiting the cost of duty free can be quite reasonable. The cheapest I have found was in Vila and they had a fairly good selection. You can also buy in Noumea, though they didn’t have as much to choose from.

Sometimes the cruise ship duty free can be worth buying but again not a large selection.

Happy cruising

Diane [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have found onboard duty free grog prices pretty good, not elite as you suggest but two bottles of Capt. Morgan spiced rum was usd22. They had quite a few gin/tequila/vodka options of 2 for $22 or $33 if I recall. Had a few 'upmarket' brands but limited options.

If you buy during cruise they will package up and you can collect (on our last Solstice cruise they didn’t deliver, but have heard of this happening) on last day of cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk