Carnival Sunshine - Your Time Dining

hdavidson

When we were on her the center dining room was mixed - both fixed and YTD. There were also a few random tables in the aft fixed dining area that were used for YTD people. The other aft floor was YTD as I recall.

From what I gather it seems to fluctuate depending on requests for different sailings.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to reply to such an old thread, but roughly the same topic.

Our first experience with YTD was on the Vista and it was amazing because they told us to proceed straight to the dining room each night (not to check in upstairs for a pager beforehand) because we're Platinum. We never had to wait and loved the experience. Fast forward to the next cruise on the Ecstasy, YTD was the worst experience ever and showing up for dinner each night, we had a 30-45 minute wait (5 of us) and there was no special program for us being Platinum, like on the Vista.

Can anyone tell me what to expect on the Sunshine? If there is a chance of having to wait, we'll keep our Late Dining.

We never waited on the Sunshine two weeks ago and we went at different times thought out the week...I liked it it was our first time trying it. Will definitely keep doing your time dining.

It was in Aft dining room on deck 3.

Did you check-in right at the front of the dining room or was there another location on the boat to check-in and get a pager? Are you Platinum or Diamond?

We never waited on the Sunshine two weeks ago and we went at different times thought out the week...I liked it it was our first time trying it. Will definitely keep doing your time dining.

It was in Aft dining room on deck 3.

Are you aware if Platinum/Diamond guests get to skip the check-in on deck 5, like the Vista and go straight to the dining room?

On the Sunshine you check in on deck 5 at the ocean plaza. Then you go down to deck 3 to the dining room once you get a ticket

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Sorry to reply to such an old thread, but roughly the same topic.

Our first experience with YTD was on the Vista and it was amazing because they told us to proceed straight to the dining room each night (not to check in upstairs for a pager beforehand) because we're Platinum. We never had to wait and loved the experience. Fast forward to the next cruise on the Ecstasy, YTD was the worst experience ever and showing up for dinner each night, we had a 30-45 minute wait (5 of us) and there was no special program for us being Platinum, like on the Vista.

Can anyone tell me what to expect on the Sunshine? If there is a chance of having to wait, we'll keep our Late Dining.

even with platinum you would need to check in on vista (unless you were showing up at 6pm_

I've often wondered if it was policy or luck. We sailed on the Vista when it was just getting to Miami and we also turned Platinum on that particular cruise. The first night we checked in, the guy was super nice and laughed at us and said, that we simply proceed to the dining room because we're Platinum, so we did for the entire cruise and no one ever said a word. When we tried YTD the second time on the Ecstasy, the experience was a complete 180.

even with platinum you would need to check in on vista (unless you were showing up at 6pm_