Info on Splender of the Seas

klugh

We were on the Splendour 2 years ago and it was in good condition. We actually prefer it to the larger ships.

There are 2 Houston airports. Bush (IAH) is about an hour from Galveston. Hobby is about a half hour. of course,

Thinking of booking Splender of the Seas. Wondering what condition the ship is in and how far from Houston airport to Galveston port ? Also how is the weather in Feb? Thanks Deb

I may be wrong, but I think SOS is in Pt. Canaveral in Feb. I just looked at a cruise on Feb. 13th and it leaves from Port Canaveral.

I've sailed on Splendour twice, we loved it. Liked it better than the recent Serenade cruise we went on, mostly due to the art, Serenade has more contemporary art. One of my more amusing moments was passing by 2 teenaged girls on the stairs complaining about how the art on Serenade was "weirding them out". Friendliness, food quality, service was comparable between the two.

Splendour's a smaller ship, doesn't have the specialty restaurants, etc, etc. Living in Houston, I find sailing out of Galveston to be most convenient, however I can see how it might be more of a hassle for people flying in. Galveston is a beautiful city, I love visiting Galveston. It's about an hour and a forty-five minute drive from Intercontinental, about 45 minutes from Hobby. Do allow yourself extra time for traffic/construction, which always sucks in Houston.

Archived