Camp Carnival - Age Police ?

Family Girl

We cruised on the conquest on 12/18. Our kids were 5 and 8 at the time but both birthdays are in early January. We asked and were allowed to move the kids into the 6-8 and 9-11 groups.

The counselors did a great job and the kids didn't want to do anything with us.

Wow Belk-- and that was during a holiday week too. Was there tons of kids that week?

Perhaps the key here is "we asked" and I don't see anything about lying about the kids' ages. It is amazing what can happen if you ask nicely. :)

Perhaps the key here is "we asked" and I don't see anything about lying about the kids' ages. It is amazing what can happen if you ask nicely. :)

Have to agree here. Last year we sailed on the Triumph during spring break (whole 'nother horror story). My then 5 y.o. was turning 6 in on month. She thinks she's 15 so we ASKED VERY NICELY and with no expectations if she could move up. The camp moved her and everyone was happy, except her 7y.o. sister who wanted to be alone.:rolleyes:

A slightly off topic question...

As this is the first cruise we are taking our kids on, I just thought of this. Do guests normally tip the staff in camp carnival?

We gave $40 in an envelope for the Camp staff to share (for a one-week cruise when our two kids spent time each day at the camp, including dinners with the Camp for 5 out of the 7 nights.)

That is great to hear!!!!

We don't want to move our 5 year old up to be with her sister (as she is 9 and 2 groups up), but we are traveling with a group of friends and there will be 7 children from ages 5 -11. My 5 year old would be the only one by herself from the group (as she is the youngest and only a few weeks from 6). The rest will be in the 6-8 & 9-11.

We will find the camp admin & kindly explain our circumstances, and see what happens.

Archived