Carnival Ships - Special parties or events?

Bobstam

I will be booking a cruise on Carnival but have not made a choice yet, is there a way to find out what kind of parties or special events that they have on certain nights? I saw someone mention a White party, so assuming you wear white clothes and they have entertainment on deck for it, any other kind of parties they are know for, maybe an 80's theme or anything like that?

I believe I have heard some ships have 80s parties...from what I have gathered it really depends on the individuals CD for your ship. I also hear that these parties can be hit or miss as to if well attended or not...and few dress up....but I hear there is a fun deck party too.

I will be booking a cruise on Carnival but have not made a choice yet, is there a way to find out what kind of parties or special events that they have on certain nights? I saw someone mention a White party, so assuming you wear white clothes and they have entertainment on deck for it, any other kind of parties they are know for, maybe an 80's theme or anything like that?

A "white party" means that if you wear white on a specified evening (check your Fun Times for details) to a specified lounge, you can get a 10% discount on your drinks. It is not a deck party on the Lido deck. Common deck parties on many of the ships are: "Wear red" night. If you wish, wear a red t-shirt (and maybe patronize the Red Frog Rum Bar). "Wear blue" night. If you wish, wear a blue t-shirt (and maybe patronize the Blue Iguana bar). Sorry. No discounts given at either bar (unlike White Night). You don't have to purchase alcoholic beverages to participate in any of the deck parties. Time, and theme (if any) will be posted in your Fun Times). Dress is normally cruise casual.

The only parties we’ve ever had onboard were 80’s rock n glow/Feel the Glow Party, Mexican Fiesta, island night (ours was a Hawaiian theme but I have heard some can be a Caribbean theme. This normally matches the food in the MDR e.g. Caribbean Jerk Chicken and a Caribbean theme or Luau Pulled Pork for a Hawaiian theme) and a Neptune/Toga Party (only if you cross the equator). Never had a Blanco/white deck party on carnival (That’s a P&O thing) unless it’s in the nightclubs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums