Need experienced cruisers advice

rosegrower

Just found out today that our Jan. 29 Miracle itinerary is changed. I had already booked our excursions through Carnival and they have been paid for. My "new" intinerary on the website only has 2 of my excursions on it, Grand Cayman, which did not change and Belize which is on a different day. There are none listed for Costa Maya and Cozumel. I called Carnival and talked with an excursions rep and she says it is still in their listings and I will just have to wait til we get on ship and all our tickets should be in our room. The most important excursion was the fly fishing for my husband in Costa Maya and if we do not have it at sailing, it could be full and that would be bad! I booked it in September! Should I believe her or is there something else I can do? I cannot just reorder it cause we have already paid once. Thanks!

I am having a similar issue with my 1/1 Miracle cruise. From the Carnival website, look at your booking, there should be an option to view your shore excursion order and then from that screen to modify your order and view the order detail.

On the main booking page it shows only 2 excursions (like you Cayman and Belize) however when I look at the order detail all 4 are still on there.

I am going to call today and will let you know what I hear from them.

On my Elation cruise last week Carnival cancelled all pre-booked excursions and we had to book onboard. There was a sign on the Shore Excursions desk that said that anything you had already paid for would show on your Sail & Sign account as a credit. We were really worried that we wouldn't be able to get the excursions we wanted too! We had not pre-booked and we sailed a lot closer to the beginning of the itenerary change but it seems like they are handling everything similarly.

The thing that saved us any anxiety and waiting in line was that after we boarded we went to the lobby bar for a drink (right by the Shore Excursions desk) and noticed they already had an order form of the available excursions and a box you could put the order forms in. Since I had done all my research and knew what I wanted (they did not have the brochure that explains all the tours in depth yet), we just put the form in the box. The tix were delivered to our stateroom the night prior to the excursion and on more than one occasion as we walked by the long line at the desk were happy we had lucked into reserving our spots early on!

This is probably similar to what they'll do for your cruise. Try not to stress out! If there is a higher demand for a certain excursion than expected then they may try to get more availability for them. Remember that everyone wins when they can get you on the excursion you want to be on...you get the tour and they get the money.

Thanks for all your replies! I did go back and check and all the old excursions are still listed. I guess I do not understand why the Belize Airboat excursion carried over to the new itinerary and it is on a new day, but the other two did not. I do not want my sign and sail card credited, I want my credit card refunded. The Costa Maya excursions alone are over $300 and even with tips taken out there would be too much left for us since we are not big drinkers or gamblers.

Archived