Cabin 7055/7056 Amsterdam

Tiggipaws

Love these cabins! Particularly 7056, on the aft of the Navigation Deck. Literally four steps out your door to that little 'secret' deck overlooking calming wake views. We rarely found anyone out there, and were able to treat it almost as our own private balcony. Then one flight up the steps to the Lido deck, the aft pool, the Seaview Bar, and the buffet area. We sailed in 7056 on the 14 day Alaska itinerary several years ago, and it fast became my favorite cabin on the ship. It is an oddly shaped cabin, but had plenty of storage space for my DH and I for the entire 14 day sailing. We used the little 'nook' behind the bathroom wall as our staging area for the next day's port activities - used the hooks to hang our backpacks and waterproof jackets, and used the end of the loveseat for our camera/binoculars/water bottles. All within easy reach to grab and go when we were ready to head into port. There is a large window overlooking that aft deck that you can walk right up to - atleast when the bed was in a king (?) sized configuration. Our friends stayed in 7055, which is just as nice and convenient for the aft deck, however the view out the window was partially blocked by the stairs heading up to the Lido deck. I would take either of those cabins in a heartbeat and be very pleased with my choice. Great value for the $.

Edited by Assateague Island Princes
spelling