CD Change or just me?

tvisser

We have been on several RCCL cruises and the only CD that stood out was Ken Rush. We saw him on Freedom and then Liberty. Both times he was very good. He was visible, funny, interacted in many of the activities, approachable, etc. I do not recall who we had on Oasis and last November on Allure we had Mitch Merucci when he just got back off of break. I do not recall seeing him much. I thought he was OK but nothing like Ken Rush.

With the new Oasis class ships, has the CD become less visible? What are your thoughts in regards to CD? It appears in August on Harmony we will have Marc Walker. Any thoughts on him in comparison to Ken and Mitch? What are your thoughts on CD? How important is it for CD on the Oasis class ships?

Marc is great, but he only just started on Harmony a few weeks ago and is used to smaller ships (did the 3/4 day cruises from Port C for many years), so it's unlikely that he will be as visible on Harmony vs. Enchantment or Majesty.

Cut Mitch some slack, because on Oasis Class ships, there is a lot more admin to do, and the job is much greater. Therefore, the CD will be less visible. In addition, as Bob said, the format of shows are different. They still run the traditional events (L&M, Quest etc), but are less out there than on smaller ships.

They still do run the show however, and if you view the CD as important (like me), then they are important. On our HM B2B last year, Abe Hughes added a lot to the cruise and created a fun atmosphere onboard, only for it to be sucked out the following week by Bobby Brown, and if reviews indicated anything, he didn't improve after I left. Hopefully Marc has sucked the fun back into the activities and general atmosphere onboard the Harmony.

Edited by Joe12

Marc is great, but he only just started on Harmony a few weeks ago and is used to smaller ships (did the 3/4 day cruises from Port C for many years), so it's unlikely that he will be as visible on Harmony vs. Enchantment or Majesty.

Cut Mitch some slack, because on Oasis Class ships, there is a lot more admin to do, and the job is much greater. Therefore, the CD will be less visible. In addition, as Bob said, the format of shows are different. They still run the traditional events (L&M, Quest etc), but are less out there than on smaller ships.

As I indicated in my post, it was an observation for both Oasis and Allure. They all do those things on the other ships as well.

They still do run the show however, and if you view the CD as important (like me), then they are important. On our HM B2B last year, Abe Hughes added a lot to the cruise and created a fun atmosphere onboard, only for it to be sucked out the following week by Bobby Brown, and if reviews indicated anything, he didn't improve after I left. Hopefully Marc has sucked the fun back into the activities and general atmosphere onboard the Harmony.

Yes, I do think the CD helps make the week more enjoyable. That is why I posted my observation about Oasis class ships the CD is not as visible, hence, less enjoyable. We hope Marc is helping in that regard when we sail in August. Thank you for your comments.