Getting a Massage

yags

Save yourself the anguish and the expense. Buy a spa day for yourself before you leave home. Getting a spa day means getting a pedi and a mani hair trim and colored and a good massage. So then you will Be well rested before you step foot on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From my experience - and I've been on 15 Princess Cruises - they only have female masseuses - but if you book online it doesn't hurt to confirm and make sure. I do enjoy the massages and I just put on my form not to offer me products because I've already purchased etc. Seems to work. It can be hard though depending on the masseuse...

I have had a male masseuse on a Princess ship.

I booked my massage on line and did not see anything about a male or female masseuse . My preference would be a male masseuse. Is there a way of confirming that preference?

Call or go to the spa after boarding; IF a male is available, they will note that on your reservation. There is no guarantee that there will be one on your cruise.

Save yourself the anguish and the expense. Buy a spa day for yourself before you leave home. Getting a spa day means getting a pedi and a mani hair trim and colored and a good massage. So then you will Be well rested before you step foot on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is what I've done in the past as well. And I can get the mani/pedi, massage, and hair cut for the same price as a massage alone on the ship. This is not at a chain place; it is at a private day spa in my city and the service is every bit as good as on the ship.

my wife got the 'hard sell' DURING the massage - completely ruined the experience and has never gone back

discuss this before the massage even begins that it will not be tolerated

I have never had a "hard sell" during a massage on Princess and I've probably had well over 50 massages on Princess.