Sleeping comfort on the couch in a Mini-Suite on the Ruby?

cruisefamilyforever

There is a good chance I may be the one sleeping on the couch on our Alaskan cruise on the Ruby next May. I've slept on a couch on Disney and it was as comfortable as the main bed. Do any adult males over 200 pounds have any thoughts on the comfort of the couch? I prefer a bed not too soft or extra firm. And of course I'm hoping there won't be a bar in the middle of my back when I wake in the morning.

If the bed is not to your liking, they do have roll away beds available; they are sometimes hesitant to put them in the room as they do take up space.

The beds on Princess are not like the flip beds on Disney. On Disney, they do not fold up when in the couch configuration and thus are able to use a standard twin mattress. They "flip" and the mattress is entirely stored inside/behind the couch with no folding. On Princess, it is more like the standard fold out bed that you might have in a home. Just be forceful with the stateroom host and guest services if the fold out does not fit your needs.

If the bed is not to your liking' date=' they do have roll away beds available; they are sometimes hesitant to put them in the room as they do take up space.

The beds on Princess are not like the flip beds on Disney. On Disney, they do not fold up when in the couch configuration and thus are able to use a standard twin mattress. They "flip" and the mattress is entirely stored inside/behind the couch with no folding. On Princess, it is more like the standard fold out bed that you might have in a home. Just be forceful with the stateroom host and guest services if the fold out does not fit your needs.[/quote']

I knew it was the fold out kind, I was just hoping it is a much better mattress than you get with a typical home sofa sleeper that I've not found very comfortable in the past.