ok how does this sound for a 1 day trip to roatan?

vegetarian

ive been reading these boards like crazy and looking at websites for the best snorkeling in roatan preferably right off the beach and think i have found a good way for me to spend the day. how does this sound?

-take taxi to mayan princess in the west bay because it offers a lot in the sense that there are many bars, restaurants, close to "other stuff", has a nice but busy beach, has great snorkeling

-take taxi from mayan princess to sundowner bar in half moon bay to try snorkeling there. i dont know why i like this place. the webpage was simple but im drawn to that bar and their beach for some reason. has anyone been there? i did a search here and i think a few people have been to the other sundowner but not this one.

is it possible to walk from the mayan princess to the bar in half moon bay? what "other stuff" aside from food and shopping is by the mayan princess? im not sure if i should just call it a day around the mayan princess and skip the sundowner. thanks :confused: :D

As a person who lives here, it's always fun to watch people "toss and turn" over what they'll do once they arrive in paradise...

Your decision to do West Bay beach, means you will see the best beach on Roatan. The Mayan Princess resort is the best accomodations on West Bay beach. However, there is not a lot of bars in West Bay...only a few...and even less restaurants...none of which offer any "deals".

THe snorkeling is great...and I am sure you will enjoy it.

I think it's a great idea to get to West End and Half Moon Bay. SUNDOWNERS is located there...and is a fixture for those wanting to have the odd cocktail on the beach at Half Moon Bay.

The beach isn't as great as West Bay, but the snorkeling is good, and there are whacks and whacks of restaurants, bars and shops in West End.

No, it is not a good idea to walk from the Mayan Princess at West Bay, to Sundowners in West End...IT would take a good hour...and why waste it walking, when you should be laying on the beach!!!!!

IF you want to see the rest of the island (it's beautiful), or want your own transportation to get around, get in touch with me...and check out my website.

IF you have a large group and simply want transportation (all types) to the beaches , etc. and back to the dock...let me know, and I can help...

Murray:cool:

As a person who lives here, it's always fun to watch people "toss and turn" over what they'll do once they arrive in paradise...

Your decision to do West Bay beach, means you will see the best beach on Roatan. The Mayan Princess resort is the best accomodations on West Bay beach. However, there is not a lot of bars in West Bay...only a few...and even less restaurants...none of which offer any "deals".

THe snorkeling is great...and I am sure you will enjoy it.

I think it's a great idea to get to West End and Half Moon Bay. SUNDOWNERS is located there...and is a fixture for those wanting to have the odd cocktail on the beach at Half Moon Bay.

The beach isn't as great as West Bay, but the snorkeling is good, and there are whacks and whacks of restaurants, bars and shops in West End.

No, it is not a good idea to walk from the Mayan Princess at West Bay, to Sundowners in West End...IT would take a good hour...and why waste it walking, when you should be laying on the beach!!!!!

IF you want to see the rest of the island (it's beautiful), or want your own transportation to get around, get in touch with me...and check out my website.

IF you have a large group and simply want transportation (all types) to the beaches , etc. and back to the dock...let me know, and I can help...

Murray:cool:

are there many taxis that could take me from the mayan princess to sundowner? im going solo unless my shipmates want to join me which probably wont happen. which would you say is the best beach to snorkel right off of? it seems that a lot of people have mentioned the beach in front of mayan princess which is why i decided to go there lol. i really want to go to paya bay beach resort, but with the time the cruise is giving us there along with other factors, its not going to happen.:(

are there many taxis that could take me from the mayan princess to sundowner? im going solo unless my shipmates want to join me which probably wont happen. which would you say is the best beach to snorkel right off of? it seems that a lot of people have mentioned the beach in front of mayan princess which is why i decided to go there lol. i really want to go to paya bay beach resort, but with the time the cruise is giving us there along with other factors, its not going to happen.:(

- No, there are few if any taxis in West Bay...You need to have transportation reserved, so that they wait for you there ($$$).

- You have friends coming on the cruise, and they might stay on the ship?? Give them a shake!!! Man, don't miss the opportunity to see Roatan...

- The Mayan Princess is merely a resort located on West Bay beach, which stretches for a long distance...The snorkeling is good ANYWHERE on West Bay beach.

The snorkeling at Half Moon Bay at West End, is just as good, it's just that the beach is not as big... or as sandy...

- Forget Paya Bay...it is nice...but too far away...and not worth a dedicated trip...unless you don't want to see a soul (lol).

Since you are likely to be alone, it makes no sense to pay an arm and a leg to have a taxi for a day...

Have you considered other transportation options?

See my website, and see me offline if you have any questions.

I would love to help ensure your day here is one that will be memorable.

Thanks!

:)

- No, there are few if any taxis in West Bay...You need to have transportation reserved, so that they wait for you there ($$$).

- You have friends coming on the cruise, and they might stay on the ship?? Give them a shake!!! Man, don't miss the opportunity to see Roatan...

- The Mayan Princess is merely a resort located on West Bay beach, which stretches for a long distance...The snorkeling is good ANYWHERE on West Bay beach.

The snorkeling at Half Moon Bay at West End, is just as good, it's just that the beach is not as big... or as sandy...

- Forget Paya Bay...it is nice...but too far away...and not worth a dedicated trip...unless you don't want to see a soul (lol).

Since you are likely to be alone, it makes no sense to pay an arm and a leg to have a taxi for a day...

Have you considered other transportation options?

See my website, and see me offline if you have any questions.

I would love to help ensure your day here is one that will be memorable.

Thanks!

:)

hi. i looked at your site for transportation but i would probably end up having my rented scooter stolen (things like this tend to happen with me when i travel). i thought west bay was the most popular beach for cruisers and tourists to go? is there a hotel i should say to be dropped off at where there is a lot of restaurants and bars and stuff nearby? i know its easy to find a taxi from the ship to take me somewhere but where can i find a taxi to take me to the ship without having to reserve one ahead of time?

hi. i looked at your site for transportation but i would probably end up having my rented scooter stolen (things like this tend to happen with me when i travel). i thought west bay was the most popular beach for cruisers and tourists to go? is there a hotel i should say to be dropped off at where there is a lot of restaurants and bars and stuff nearby? i know its easy to find a taxi from the ship to take me somewhere but where can i find a taxi to take me to the ship without having to reserve one ahead of time?

West Bay is the BEST beach on the island, but an equal amount of people go to West End. There are also other beaches further up island too...that many people love to visit.

As said previously, there is no abundance of restaurants and bars in West Bay....maybe 3-4 each, and as far as I know, there are not any taxis in West Bay waiting for return fares.

PLEASE NOTE that I now offer island tours in A/C'd taxis and vans...

The only way to guarantee a taxi to be there available, is to pay for one for the day...but as I said previously, it would be costly for one person.

I am going to contact a driver that I use for island tours for small groups, to see if he's flexible in his price for one person, and I will get back to you....;)

You could always get a water taxi to West End from West Bay and vice versa. These are little boats. You just flag them down from the beach. Just a different way to get between the two locations if there is no chop in the water. Will cost just under $2.00 per person (30 lempira).

The water taxi's only run between these two locations. They do not go from the cruise ship dock to anywhere else. Sea is generally too rough on that side of the island.

Just a suggestion.

I.D.

You could always get a water taxi to West End from West Bay and vice versa. These are little boats. You just flag them down from the beach. Just a different way to get between the two locations if there is no chop in the water. Will cost just under $2.00 per person (30 lempira).

The water taxi's only run between these two locations. They do not go from the cruise ship dock to anywhere else. Sea is generally too rough on that side of the island.

Just a suggestion.

I.D.

yeah i just found out about water taxis through someone else today that i can easily through a water taxi get from the west end to west bay. i heard that there are mini buses that for about 1 usd, will take you from the dock to the west end and then i could take a water taxi from there to west bay. from west bay though, is there a mini bus there that would take me back to the ship? do the water taxi drivers and the minibus drivers take usd?

not so sure about the minibuses. there are many cabs in west end. you could negotiate a ride for your group from West End for $10.00 to Coxen Hole. Trick is to do it before you get in a cab, if they don't take it walk away, there will always be another. Don't say you're going to the Cruise Ship dock either just say Coxen Hole, and when you get there tell the driver then that you want to be dropped at the dock! ;) :D

I.D.

Archived