Transatlantic weather November

jimlssi

What is the "usual" weather on a transatlantic west bound crossing.? We are considering Malaga-Ft.Lauderdale next year. Thanks.

Jim

We were on the November crossing this year - Teneriffe to Ft. Lauderdale arriving on November 20th. I think the dates are about the same time next year with the addition of the five days down from Malaga. We are booked already Jim for next November. We had such a good cruise. Lovely sunshine - people were getting lovely tans. And the seas were fine. A bit of swell occasionally but nothing major at all. I think that the first day out of Teneriffe was the worst weather that we got sea-wise, and even that wasn't at all bad. But I have been told that that area is subject to that. We are fortunate in being good sailors (touch wood that our next cruise doesn't dispute that) but there didn't seem to be many problems with sea sickness on board. And if all else fails there's always the kind Dr. with his injection. Everybody seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves - a large percentage of us on the trip booked for next November - it was quite a talking point. I suspect that the weather in Malaga might be cooler - I've never been to Spain at that time of year so this is all guesswork, and I'm thinking that it will very quickly get warmer in North Africa and the Canaries. Anyway this year we had a fabulous, fun trip so do join us - it seems as if it is getting booked up quickly though so don't delay too long. Sue.

• 5 years later...

Sadie-Jay,

Hopefully, Host Dan will re-locate this post to the right forum. Doubtful the response here would be helpful. I have no idea which line the Equinox belongs to, but it sounds like a lovely itinerary!

We were on the November crossing this year - Teneriffe to Ft. Lauderdale arriving on November 20th. I think the dates are about the same time next year with the addition of the five days down from Malaga. We are booked already Jim for next November. We had such a good cruise. Lovely sunshine - people were getting lovely tans. And the seas were fine. A bit of swell occasionally but nothing major at all.

No idea which cruise you were on but it certainly was not one that went from Malaga to Fort Lauderdale in November 2010.

Weather was horrible. We enjoyed only one day of smooth seas and sunshine. Ship sailed significantly further south than expected route to avoid worst of weather. Weather was so bad that Restaurant 2 was closed on at least one day.

What is the "usual" weather on a transatlantic west bound crossing.? We are considering Malaga-Ft.Lauderdale next year. Thanks.

Jim

Though not on Seabourn, (we were on Regent, Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale in November, 2010) we can say that the weather for our crossing was good, only an occasional rainy day, no storms and temperatures improving from warm to hot on the way over.

One thing I should say is that the sun shone on the port side as we were heading westwards. We made full use of our port side balcony, luxuriating in the sun. If you get the chance, do book a port side suite.

Jim,

We sailed on the Odyssey in Novemeber 2009 from Malage to FL.

The weather was superb. The sea calm with no particular swell. The temperatues were around the upper 70s and many passengers sunbathed every day. In fact it was much warmer than we expected. The only drizzle we had was when we docked for the day at Funchal.

Kind regards

Tony

We were on the October 23 - Nov 6th 2010 western crossing from Lisbon to Bridgetown on the Spirit (Silversea). We left the Canaries for a 6 day Southern crossing. The sea was sometimes like glass, other days very small swells. Weather was sunny every day. The perfect crossing. It wasn't until we entered the Caribbean that we got a little chop. There is no set weather pattern or sea condition. Point being, its the luck of the draw.

The only thing consistent ("usual") about the weather on TA cruises is its inconsistency. We were also on the November 2010 crossing on Seabourn Legend from Malaga to Ft. Lauderdale and, as stated above, the weather was terrible--hugh swells and almost gale force winds. However, we still managed to have a very enjoyable cruise and would not hesitate to do the crossing again.

Inconsistent and unpredicable ~both spring and fall Crossings. As the Legend (Nov) experienced terrible weather and very rough seas, we aboard the Sojourn (Nov) enjoyed warm, sunny days ~ocean was like a lake.

I hope both the Odyssey and the Legend have beautiful weather in March for their Crossings ~ but it's always a roll-of-the dice.

Martita B.

• 2 weeks later...
What exactly are the remedys the Dr. prescribes?

Maybe Stemetil Ampoules 12.5mg 10 X 1ml ( prochlorperazine maleat )

Appears to be the same as Stemzine ??? ( prochlorperazine maleat )

Similar to Compazine ???

From personal experience beware of Anzemat (Dolasetron mesylat )

http://www.nps.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/16774/swcsteme.pdf

http://www.nps.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/16587/swcanzem11206.pdf

Archived