very early am arrival (4-5am) at San Juan...

jean87510

I know I am not the only one with this issue. I have a cruise booked that leaves on 4/14/18 from the Celebrity Summit. Flight was changed to leave on the 13th at 11pm and arrive at 455am. I checked multiple carriers/flights and notice quite a few flights are doing the same or close to the same schedule (305am arrival, 230am arrival...etc... ) My question is for anyone who has done this before. I cannot change my flight. What on earth do people do or go to for 6-7 hours before cruise starts with all of their luggage. The restaurant we used to leave our luggage at isn't open until 7am. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to where and what to do?

Wow, many breakfast places don't even open until 6:00 AM on Saturdays. There's one of those 24 hour chain restaurants at the Condado Plaza Hilton, near the ports. Other than that, the only places open would be the late bars in Old San Juan, but those are just too rowdy at that hour.

I'd call a hotel and see if they can give a you a room reservation for the 13th, with a very late check in the wee hours, so you can crash for a couple hours and freshen up. Otherwise, you're out on the curb until that luggage holding restaurant you mention opens.

We are doing this same thing for our cruise. I didn't even think of getting a hotel room with late check in. We thought we would just get on the cruise early and take a nap. I will see about a hotel room for a few hours. That is a good idea.

Can you share where you leave your luggage at the restaurant? On the return we can't check in to our air bnb til later in the afternoon. Thanks!

We thought we would just get on the cruise early and take a nap. I will see about a hotel room for a few hours.

On turn around (disembark/embark) days, no one is allowed on the ship until the previous sailing has reached "zero count", meaning everyone has gotten off and cleared U.S. Customs. Once Customs clears the ship, then the cruise line hands the passenger manifest for the next embarkation to port security and then people can start getting onboard. And all that doesn't happen until 10 or 11:00 AM, on a good day. When Customs gets testy, the process can drag on until noon or even early afternoon.

So, yes. Book a room if you want to rest a little.

We are doing this same thing for our cruise. I didn't even think of getting a hotel room with late check in. We thought we would just get on the cruise early and take a nap. I will see about a hotel room for a few hours. That is a good idea.

Can you share where you leave your luggage at the restaurant? On the return we can't check in to our air bnb til later in the afternoon. Thanks!

barrachinas.