Taxes & Port Fees

oneteeny

Hi everyone! We are new to NCL and booked through a TA over a year ago for our upcoming British Isles cruise. I keep looking at bookings to make sure we still got a good deal and I’m noticing that we paid quite a bit more in port fees and taxes than is being quoted now. Has anyone experienced this before and how do they resolve the over payment?

Seems to be around a $1200 overpayment at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone! We are new to NCL and booked through a TA over a year ago for our upcoming British Isles cruise. I keep looking at bookings to make sure we still got a good deal and I’m noticing that we paid quite a bit more in port fees and taxes than is being quoted now. Has anyone experienced this before and how do they resolve the over payment?

Seems to be around a $1200 overpayment at this stage.

When you booked with the ta did you receive a discounted price over what you could get from booking Ncl direct? If so ta's show taxes and port fees differently than Ncl but you still save overall. It has to do with their commission structure some how.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Not sure what you are seeing but $1,200 is way way way over the range of taxes and port fees I’ve seen. They are more in the $120 range pp.

Agree with the previous poster that some TAs also categorize NCF (non commissionable fare) in fees and taxes. This may be what you are seeing and comparing to the much lower fees and taxes advertised by NCL. If you actually did pay $1,200 in port fees and taxes and aren’t on a 3 month cruise, I would demand an answer from your TA.