Royal 2/28 10 Day Eastern Caribbean Voyager

crisp1

Glad to hear you are having such calm seas. Hope you and Brenda are having a great time so far.

Chris, is there happy hour this week on board?

Have loads of fun and enjoy some great wine!

No Happy hour aboard that I have seen.

Our streak of calm seas continues...today we were in St Lucia and is was overcast most of the day, but seas are still unbelievably calm. We should be pulling out shortly for our short ride to Barbados tonight.

I'll dig around in my stack of patters and post the movies on MUTS in one of my next posts.

Our streak of calm seas continues...today we were in St Lucia and is was overcast most of the day, but seas are still unbelievably calm. We should be pulling out shortly for our short ride to Barbados tonight.

I'll dig around in my stack of patters and post the movies on MUTS in one of my next posts.

Thanks Chris for the information.

Glad you are having such calm seas. After the last few months, that's a nice change.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

We were on the Royal 10 day that ended on the 28th. The internet was terrible, spent the first 250 mins. trying to send a half dozen emails. My mail client wouldn't work with their server and I had to resort to webmail, which was unbelievably slow and often failed with a time out. The only way to send emails was to get up at 3:00 or 4:00. Webmail worked great then. (Un)fortunately I have a habit of waking up at that time.

So glad your cruise is "smooth sailing"! We will be on this cruise in less than 2 wks!! My DH has cancer and I was just wondering if anyone has seen any guests with the flu? Since this flu season has been so bad, wondered if we should wear a mask. Have you seen anyone wearing masks to prevent getting sick?

We were on the Royal 10 day that ended on the 28th. The internet was terrible, spent the first 250 mins. trying to send a half dozen emails. My mail client wouldn't work with their server and I had to resort to webmail, which was unbelievably slow and often failed with a time out. The only way to send emails was to get up at 3:00 or 4:00. Webmail worked great then. (Un)fortunately I have a habit of waking up at that time.

I'm having the same problem with my provider- have spent over 50 minutes of my time just trying to read my mail. This is the first time I was able to and have a minute before heading to the Piazza to listen to the Orchestra- a highlight for me- they are normally part of the production shows- hope they don't disappear. Another nice surprise is Rhapsody- a 3 piece Violin, piano and upright Bass- classical/ classics/ movie tunes. The guitar player from the orchestra plays acoustic- also nice. Sunset Quartet are also good- Female vocal, drums, guitar and keys- pop mostly, 2 big hits that I don't 'get' are Perry Grant- keyboard and vocal entertainer- don't get his 'shtick' or Tony Delaney- guitar/ vocalist- so he can play guitar, sing and play harmonica-.

Today we did the island tour with Cosol- it's been over 10 years since we did our last one with Herod- in between all our excursions were either on the water or water taxis would take us therefor a bunch of times we went to Ti Kaye with Island divers- last time it was Mystic man, tomorrow a beach day at Lobster Alive

The show in the Piazza was incredible- it combined the talents of the orchestra with the vocalists and drummer from Topaz, the violinist and keyboard player from Rhapsody and the steel drummer- what a great show

Today was our last port day- Antigua- I should have known better and followed my research and instincts - the cab driver said because of the high winds lately the best beach to go to was Long Bay- our last time there we were 2 of about 40 on the entire beach- today it was worse than then any weekend day at the Jersey shore- wall to wall, not a chair or umbrella available- we took a walk, had a beer and headed back to the ship- the upside was that e only paid $6 pp going and $8pp back.

Yesterday/ Barbados- we did follow our plan- ( almost) decided on Lobster Alive- the cab driver said another down the beach was better ( I'll post the .

name later when I can find it) got out of the cab and took a look at the beach and prices- had free wifi, but too many chairs etc and the price was $ 10 for 1 chair and umbrella- caught the driver and had him drop us off at LA- $15 for 1 umbrella, 2 chairs and 3 rum coolers- quiet- a nice time $ 5 pp each way

Tomorrow- a sea day- will catch up on St Lucia etc

Here is the MUTS information requested earlier....

Movies Under the Stars

90th Annual Academy Awards Show

Battle of the Sexes (2017)

Goodbye Christopher Robin

Thor: Ragnarok

Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House

Only the Brave

Victoria and Abdul

Wonder

Wonder Woman

Sea Day/ formal night- many tuxes- lobster night- maybe Caribbean lobster- not NE- no claws- split down the middle- tablemates disappointed - looking forward to tomorrow and better live entertainment- comedian tonight was ok- but the Vista was SRO

Home last night- 2 Noreasters in between- trees down- had to 'cut' our way to the house- lots of last thoughts- where to start- staff great- no pushy photo stuff- dining up and down for service. We had open seating and would show up early ( 5 ish) for a 2 top- there are a limited 2 tops- after 5:20- you have to share or take a beeper most nights

Captain Circle party for past guests- there were 3 that night- first of our last 2 sea days- we were invited to the first- no hand shaking - no officers on entry- Captain busy- Staff captain gave a little speech- red wine a cab, white a chardonnay- take what they offered or pay- no h'ordeuvres either

Looking forward to your report - we board soon. Curious if you have an old coffee card and if the punches are honored, since we are getting conflicting info from folks on the Royal. Have a wonderful time!

Hi TinaLee,

We had no problems using our old coffee cards on the ship during our B2B, February 18 and 28th.

On the internet question, I found using Google Chrome WAYYYYY better (read: faster) than Edge, especially for my webmail. I tried last Wednesday in the Internet Lounge and it was impossible with the browser they use there - and that was with everyone off the ship!

I saw Happy Hour advertised several times at about 3 to 4pm in the Wheelhouse Lounge.

The Captain was at our Captain's Circle party which was the evening the day we were in Barbados, March 6th I think. They had at least one other before ours that night.

denise