galveston hotels and parking

fisher joe

Hey, we leave on the 8th. I usually stay in Houston or Clear Lake area in a Marriott property. Have also bid on priceline and got the Hilton at Clearlake "right" as well. Parking, use EZ CRuise parking across from Port. it is $45 in advance. They take you to the port with your luggage and pickup afterwards as well. Better than port parking where you have to unload then park. Some Galveston hotels do offer the deal but I t hink the cost of room is about the same as staying where i do and then paying the parking fee at EZ.

Arrival, Arrive around Noon. They have to unload before you can get on so no need to get there before. You can't go to your stateroom until 1 pm either with carryon luggage, but you can go to windjammer for lunch and tour the ship. DO NOT arrive at 3 pm since i have seen some long lines form mid afternoon with flights arriving. WE love eating at Pappas. they have Pappadeux at Kemah on the Boardwalk as well as several eateries around the Houston area. Have you registered for the Mix and Mingle party? be sure and do that. the link is on the roll call for the Rhapsody. Cya and Merry Christmas..

LRSkier

The Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, is a brand new hotel. They are starting shuttle service after the first of the year. We are staying there and they said we can leave the car there for the week, NO EXTRA CHARGE!

We leave in less than 3 weeks, and are staying at the Holiday Inn on the Beach in Galveston. There are 7 of us and we have reserved 2 rooms. It breaks down to roughly $30 a person for the rooms. They let you leave your car there (1 car for each room reserved), and they shuttel you to the ship for free. It saysyou can board the ship at 1pm, but you can really get on earlier.

Happy Sailing!

Karen :p

Archived