Mt Ranier on Disembarkation day......

CheckersMidwest

Our flight isn't until 5:30. Any way we could go see Mt Ranier before we go to the airport? I read where you could leave your luggage with a concierge and come back to get it at the port. Is there a visitors center or anything at Mt Ranier? I could get an uber, but don't want to just drive by. Suggestions?

Our flight isn't until 5:30. Any way we could go see Mt Ranier before we go to the airport? I read where you could leave your luggage with a concierge and come back to get it at the port. Is there a visitors center or anything at Mt Ranier? I could get an uber, but don't want to just drive by. Suggestions?

First of all, you will (likely) see Mount Rainier when you are still on the ship but the actual mountain is at least 2 1/2 hours away. And are you really considering driving all the way to the mountain via Uber? I have to believe renting a car would be orders of magnitude cheaper.

My suggestion is that you find another local Seattle destination to see before your flight (even Snoqualmie Falls which most locals will suggest is almost as impressive).

We rented a car for 24 hours on our last day in Seattle, before leaving on our cruise the next day. We had the intention of going to Mt. Rainier. However, once we started looking at it a little more, we realized it would be a tight fit to get it in with the time we had. It's a bit of a drive to begin with, and we truly weren't prepared to be hiking around those trails. It would just be too much to try and do in just the time we had since we picked up the car at 9 a.m. Instead we drove the hour or so the Snoqualmie Falls, it was beautiful! There's a nice lodge there too, so if you wanted to get some lunch or something. We just hit the road again and drove around the area. We found another nearby hiking trail that we walked on for awhile.

It's at least 2 1/2 hours from Seattle to the Paradise visitor center on Mt. Rainier. You'd need to add to that the time needed to disembark, get to the rental car office (in downtown Seattle, there are no offices dockside) and then time to return the car at the airport before 3:30 or so. I personally wouldn't risk it.

There are other worthwhile day trips around Seattle that would be far more comfortable than trying to squeeze in Mt. Rainier. When are you coming?