Transportation and itenary for Grand Cayam

njrover0216

I would appreciate any input in regards to our stop at Grand Cayman. We are traveling with a group of 8. We plan on going to the turtle center and spending some time there, we were wondering is there still time to stop at a beach on the way back? What is the recommended mode of transportation? If we take the bus do they really run daily as their schedule states?

Can we go to the turtle center spend 2-3 hours and get to see everything, then catch the bus and stop at the beach for an hour or so, catch the bus again and get back to the boat?

Thank you! Any added feedback is appreciated as well.

Yes, you can certainly do as you suggest. The bus is quite easy and reliable. $2.50pp. At the beach, simply walk up to the road, (which is only steps from the beach!) and the next bus will stop!

You can keep an eye on the traffic from the beach...so plan a bit longer to get back to the tender...in the afternoon, there is a lot of traffic!

Is the beach by turtle farm or return trip somewhere .sorry a bit confused

The turtle farm is all the way up at the end of the beach. Our plans are to head to the turtle farm, spend time there, then on the way back towards the boat stop at the beach and relax for a little while.

The travel part of your plans should work out. I've passed by the Turtle Farm, but never been there, so don't know how long you will want to be there. A few things:

We've found that the buses tend to run even more often than their schedule. The buses are really minivans that hold roughly 15 people, so it's possible that all 8 of you may not get on the same bus. It really shouldn't be a problem if some of you need to wait for the next bus. You should make sure that you all go to the same area of 7 Mile Beach, though. You can explore options for that in many threads.

Given that there are 8 of you, you may want to explore taking a minivan taxi instead. Some taxis are sedans and some are minivans. I've always been there with just 2 of us, so I don't know how the cost of the taxi would work with that many people. You can arrange for taxis to pick you up for return trip(s).

Enjoy!