Msc seaside this summer 2018

mr jailerman

Hi All,

DW and I, Have decided to step out of our "Comfort Zones" at Carnival Cruise line and Norwegian Cruise Line and Try the "MSC SEASIDE" this coming summer!

Any tips, Suggestions on what to expect on our 1st MSC cruise, Would be appreciated.

It's my understanding that some sections of the ship are closed off to certain levels of cruisers ( I will assume, I'M ONE OF THOSE LOWER LEVEL CRUISERS LOL?- As I got a VERY GOOD Rate for this cruise) We are excited to try something new. Thanks for your time with any tips or suggestions to make the transition from Carnival to MSC a smooth one :)!

From the reviews I've read..The Food seems to be a concern..Not sure if it's really not that great? Or just not what Americans are used to ? Thanks Again For Your Time..

Kurt

Which “experience” did you book? Bella? Fantastica? Aurea?

Pam and I are Norwegian fans but decided to sail with six of our relatives on the MSC Divina last June because of the itinerary and the dates corresponding with the time that our relatives were able to cruise.

It was our first time cruising with MSC. We sailed in 4 adjoining balcony cabins with the Fantastica experience. We never felt that we were limited by any sort of “class system” and thought we were able to fully enjoy our time aboard. We had such a great time that we’ve booked on the Seaside this September!

In terms of the food, we ate in the buffet for most breakfasts, had lunch in ports, main dining room for dinners, and a few of the specialty restaurants with the three dinner package.

Overall I would say that outside of the specialty dining the main dining room dinners were as good as Norwegian and noticeably better than Carnival. The breakfast buffet certainly had its pluses but we felt it was not our favorite (NCL suite breakfasts at Cagneys are the best). The pizza was excellent as others have commented. Specialty dining on MSC was good but I still prefer NCLs Moderno and Cagneys.

Where MSC really shines is the quality of the shows on board. Night after night they absolutely blew us away. We thought NCLs shows were good but MSCs are better.

Enjoy your cruise on the Seaside and we look forward to reading your review!

Hi All,

DW and I, Have decided to step out of our "Comfort Zones" at Carnival Cruise line and Norwegian Cruise Line and Try the "MSC SEASIDE" this coming summer!

Any tips, Suggestions on what to expect on our 1st MSC cruise, Would be appreciated.

It's my understanding that some sections of the ship are closed off to certain levels of cruisers ( I will assume, I'M ONE OF THOSE LOWER LEVEL CRUISERS LOL?- As I got a VERY GOOD Rate for this cruise) We are excited to try something new. Thanks for your time with any tips or suggestions to make the transition from Carnival to MSC a smooth one :)!

From the reviews I've read..The Food seems to be a concern..Not sure if it's really not that great? Or just not what Americans are used to ? Thanks Again For Your Time..

Kurt

The only areas you will not have access to if you have booked either Bella or Fantastica are the Yacht club or the Aurea area on the top deck.

You may be assigned a table in the buffet MDR in the evening.

We had a fabulous week on Seaside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'M ONE OF THOSE LOWER LEVEL CRUISERS LOL?- As I got a VERY GOOD Rate for this cruise)

Kurt

Don’t get caught up with the negative marketing directed at MSC’s Yacht Club. It’s not like the titanic!

People in the Yacht Club are normal people like me who are able to study the pricing and look for bargains.

My Divina Yacht Club and my upcoming Bellissima Yacht Club cruise are cheaper than a standard balcony on my royal Caribbean cruise.

I have also had a standard balcony on Splendida as my first cruise and loved it. It’s all about getting the right deal.

My number one tip is listen to your waiters recommendations. Usually delicious authentic Italian cuisine.

From the buffet head for the pizza and the pasta it is a million times better than the NCL equivalents.

Status match on voyagers club via the MSC website for great perks.

MSC employ security from Israel so you haven’t got the same worries you would have on Carnival these days.

Enjoy your cruise

thecruisers6, I could not have worded it better about not getting caught up about YC. For us also it comes down to finding a good deal by researching.

Don’t forget it’s the start tomorrow of the voyagers 2 week pre sale for Grandiosa. That’s how I got such a good deal on Bellissima for next Easter.

We are doing the same! We are excited to give MSC a shot after being a little underwhelmed with Carnival and Norwegian as of late.

Got a crazy good deal on a Bella balcony, pre purchased the spa package and now thinking about adding a beverage package. We sail in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes if you go to the MSC site, sing in and then there should be a link. That is what happened for Bellissima. I think for the winter season it will be the Mediterranean circuit. I’m hoping summer 2020 will be on their as it’s our silver wedding anniversary [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums