Wine purchase on Pan American Pier

tbcan21

We sailed on the Constellation from there last month. The people in the store told us to put our purchases (Scotch) into our carryon bag. They said if we kept them out (in their bag) they would be taken away. It wouldn't have made any difference to us if they were taken away and returned to us, but we did put them in our carryon.

Katie

There is a place in the Pan American terminal, directly to the left of the main entrance doors. (At least there was in June 2005). I purchased some soft drinks and carried them on, they have a pretty good selecton, although they didnt have the tequila we wanted. I put the items in our carryon, and went on through to the ship.

I didn't see anyone have any alcohol taken away. Everyone I saw had put it into carryons. There were several people who bought three or four bottles of alcohol and all put them into carryons. The people that were at the security checkin had to notice all the alcohol going on the ship, but they didn't care. There wasn't anyone telling us to surrender the alchohol. We were among the first few boarding the ship and there were tons of people behind us. Maybe, it was too busy for the ship's personnel to worry about what was being taken on the ship.

Katie

We will be sailing on the AOS next month and was wondering if you can purchase wine at the pier and if so carry on without any hassles?

Thanks

There is a duty free store in the terminal at the Pan American pier. My experience was that if you purchased alcohol and placed it in your carry-on, you would have no problem bringing it on board.

As far as what the store sells, I remember seeing various hard liquor (Vodka, Rum, Whiskey, Tequila, etc) and soda. I do not remember whether or not they sold wine.

The only time i have seen things taken from people are the younger kids. Since you can often by hard liquor at or around 18 in many ports. The cruise seems to pay attention to that and hold it for the young ones that will have to have mom and dad pick it up at the end of the trip. I have never had problems but then I am old enought to drink as well.

Archived